Droid x restart problem...

Sethhhh

Reaction score
Hey guys im having problems with my droid X, it recently has been restarting around 4 times daily. And it also will go into this phase where it wont let me send any texts until I restart my phone. Any suggustions on what I can, or should do to fix it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

Sethhhh

Reaction score
Yes I have the latest update

Reaction score
I'm assuming your phone is completely stock, right? If so, I would try uninstalling a bunch of apps to see if one of them is the problem. But that's kind of a needle in a haystack thing (I have over 100 apps on my phone!) You could always do a factory reset. That may resolve the problem. If you have moved any of your apps to your SD card, I would recommend moving them back to your phone to see if that helps.

I'm sure VZW would just tell you to do a factory reset if you called them. But anything you can try outside of that will almost certainly save you a bunch of time.

OP
S

Sethhhh

Reaction score
yeah ill try that and see if it works, id prefer not to do a full reset haha. Thanks for the info though

scouter99

Reaction score
Problems with mine too

Mine is doing that too and has been ever since the last big update. It only does it when I am playing music. I thought it was my music app (even though I've had it forever and never had problems with it), so I got rid of it but it still does it with the stock app. I'm very frustrated because I listen to music a lot on my phone, but not anymore apparently.

There was just a small update that went through about a week and a half ago, and I thought that was meant to fix the random reboots, but it didn't on mine.

OP
S

Sethhhh

Reaction score
Mine recently has been restarting atleast 4 times a day, I've done like everything, it will just randomly turn off. It pisses me off a lot haha

Jesseg

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem, I uninstalled pandora and haven't had any problems for about a week now.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I have had 4 Droid X's since the 602 upgrade come out and all of them have been rebooting multiple times a day. Ran a couple of them bone stock and still got the reboots. Battery life is down to about 6-8 hours, even worse than 596. The notification LED for missed calls did not work until the last replacement, and that one would get hot and freeze up. The keyboard issue where you can't type anything has happened with all of them too. The 596 GB was somewhat problematic, but it has been unbearable with this update. Sunday I called again and they are upgrading me to a X2 which is due in tomorrow.

If I were into rooting and custom ROM's I would have went back to Froyo where it worked great and the battery lasted a day and a half for me.