Continuing Phone Problem

jerryc41

Reaction score
The Droid X is a great piece of electronics, but if I can't use it reliably as a phone, what's the point?

I've had the X for a few months, and don't use it very often for the phone feature - maybe once or twice a day. Several times when I tried to place a call, it seemd to go through. The screen showed the clock ticking off contact time. I know there is going to be a problem when I notice that I do not hear the phone ringing. The problem is, there is no communication.

The other person's phone rings, but neither one of us hears anything. I can usually solve the problem by shutting off the X and restarting, but that wastes time. Today, when I restarted, I still could not communicate. I could hear the other person, but he could not hear me. No controls on the phone worked - except for the shut-down switch. When I restarted it a couple of hours later, it worked fine.

I've seen this mentioned here before, and I was hoping the lastest update (last night) would solve the problem. I guess not.

When my current contract expires I might look at something other than Motorola.

maderschramm

Reaction score
sounds like a radio issue, I'd call vzw tech support and see if you can get that fixed. if not, they could send you a refurb. that shouldn't happen

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Definitely a radio-tower error.

There was a report here about two towers fighting for your service. This could be your problem.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

steveomac

Reaction score
I actually had the same problem 2 days ago.

I made a call and I saw the timer going but no sound of a dial tone or anything.

I just restarted my phone and it worked fine.

I thought it was the ROM I installed.