Jelly bean

vman411gamer

Reaction score
Droid Razr Maxx will probably get the update q1 of 2013. I can simply not wait that long. Is there a flash leak for the Droid Razr Maxx? If not is there a flash leak you would recommend me? I have looked everywhere but when I search Droid Razr Maxx all I get is Droid Razr Maxx hd "Jelly bean rolling out for Droid Razr Maxx hd" Any advice would be great thanks

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I don't believe there is any official leak. There are custom ROMs, all of which have minor bugs, I have been running custom jelly bean ROMs for about a month now and have had a lot of fun with them. Are you rooted? Is flashing ROMs something you're interested in? Let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise quarter 1 is less than a month away

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
It very fustrarting we have the original Razor Maxx and we cant get it. it not right! Motorola wants us to buy the new version Maxx. I Bet we dont even get it cause we should already had it instead of the new version Maxx HD......

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I'm sure they wanted to put it out on the HD first because it is their new top of the line phone. They want people to upgrade or buy it. It will come to you guys eventually. As much as it frustrates you, and that is understandable, it makes sense they are starting with the new devices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

joshxdroid

Reaction score
It very fustrarting we have the original Razor Maxx and we cant get it. it not right! Motorola wants us to buy the new version Maxx. I Bet we dont even get it cause we should already had it instead of the new version Maxx HD......

They already told us the order in which they'd be updated M, HD & HD maxx, and then OG and maxx. Following us will be droid 4 and bionic. It just makes the most business sense to update the phones they are trying to sell now first. I'm sorry you feel cheated some how, but obviously companies are gonna give their new products priority. I believe we well get it early 2013

Sent from my XT912 running some custom Rom.....I can't keep changing this sig

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I'm sure they wanted to put it out on the HD first because it is their new top of the line phone. They want people to upgrade or buy it. It will come to you guys eventually. As much as it frustrates you, and that is understandable, it makes sense they are starting with the new devices.

I guess we think alike

jlewis74

Reaction score
If they are releasing it I would guess someone will get it and be able to make it so we can install it. I remember running GB on my DroidX long before it was released.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
If they are releasing it I would guess someone will get it and be able to make it so we can install it. I remember running GB on my DroidX long before it was released.

I'm sure an official build will leak. Although I think the M or HD leak wasn't out long before before the OTA

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The HD leak was out pretty soon after its release... there was a second leak a couple days before the actual OTA.

OP
V

vman411gamer

Reaction score
My last Droid was rooted (no custom rom) But my Razr Maxx isn't. I would like to run a custom rom that can get back on the official update course. I heard about some that when you flashed you couldn't go back. So I know how to root. But not how to flash a custom rom.

I have also tried finding an official leak but every time I search Droid Razr Maxx with any other keywords I always get stuff about the Droid Razr Maxx hd :-\

Last edited:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
My last Droid was rooted (no custom rom) But my Razr Maxx isn't. I would like to run a custom rom that can get back on the official update course. I heard about some that when you flashed you couldn't go back. So I know how to root. But not how to flash a custom rom.

I have also tried finding an official leak but every time I search Droid Razr Maxx with any other keywords I always get stuff about the Droid Razr Maxx hd :-\

I've been using safestrap custom recovery and this keeps your stock Rom as it is and allows you to flash to your heart's content. When you are ready to go back and say receive the jelly bean OTA. You can switch back, unroot and bam, you are back on track. I would to a lot of research on flashing roms though, because even though safestrap is a great tool, it won't stop you from screwing up your phone if you do something wrong.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
From another thread,

go over to CrackFlasher Forums the forums have just been replaced but there are 4 jellybean roms that work very well. I am using the CM10 rom and it is my daily driver. The battery life is great, it is fast. The only problem it has is you have to turn off bluetooth if you want to answer the phone without going to an actual bluetooth. but if it is on and the phone ring you can turn it off and then answer. So I am fine with it.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I will probably get Jelly Bean about 6 months before I can upgrade my current phone.. Sounds about right..:p

1coopgt

Reaction score

We'll be getting Jelly bean 4.1 . If we are really lucky we may even get Jelly Bean 4.2. When I had my X it was updated twice . Updated to Froyo then Gingerbread .

So far the Maxx has been updated to ICS from Gingerbread .

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We'll be getting Jelly bean 4.1 . If we are really lucky we may even get Jelly Bean 4.2. When I had my X it was updated twice . Updated to Froyo then Gingerbread .

So far the Maxx has been updated to ICS from Gingerbread .

Let's not make things personal.
Thank you.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Last edited by a moderator: