Jelly Bean RAZR HD Maxx HD next week

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Engadget reports:

If this is the new Motorola, then we have to say we're fast becoming fans. Hot on the heels of the Droid RAZR M's recent Jelly Bean update, comes word that Android 4.1 will indeed be rolling out to the Droid RAZR HD and RAZR Maxx HD in December. Announced as an update on Verizon's site, the OTA is said to arrive "in phases starting next week," bringing with it the eerily prescient Google Now and ISIS compatibility. So, until then, you can hold off from manually (and obsessively) refreshing that system update setting.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/30/...xx-hd/?utm_source=engadget&utm_medium=twitter

realged13

Reaction score
Yeah, but does the update apply to the original Droid Razr Maxx or just the HD versions only?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
HD version only for now. Moto's website still says Razr and Razr Maxx will get JB. No date specified.

realged13

Reaction score
Knowing our luck it won't be till like Summer till we get it.

BittenHand19

Reaction score
realged13 said:
Knowing our luck it won't be till like Summer till we get it.

I have faith in the new Motorola. They seem to want to give their customers what they want and what we want is the best and newest that's out there. I don't think they would wait so long because they know this is their last chance. The Bionic update was a nightmare and I'm sure they don't want that to happen again.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
That's cool they'll be getting Jelly Bean. It's not like the RAZR or RAZR Maxx came out before the HD or anything.

jeppes

Reaction score
They need to come on with it!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

BittenHand19

Reaction score
Likwid_E said:
That's cool they'll be getting Jelly Bean. It's not like the RAZR or RAZR Maxx came out before the HD or anything.

It's probably easier to upgrade those phone first cause of the newer hardware. I would imagine it's also bs from Verizon cause they would want to feature the new software on the newest hardware before upgrading last year's models. I'm pretty happy with ICS right now. They only thing I'm really looking forward to on Jb is gap-less play back on Google Music. I have Winamp Pro but too big a music collection for a 32 gig sd card. So finally being able to listen to Pink Floyd or Coheed and Cambria without those jarring half second gaps will be awesome.