Jelly bean is approved

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Cool! Now if the can get the OG Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX done, that'll be great!

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Maybe it's a combination of the factory data reset, new high-speed class 10 SD and this new OTA, but my phone is BUTTER now. Amazing. So much better than the leaked build. Loving it.

sab3083

Reaction score
I have the leak JB installed when this is pushed out will I get a notice to upgrade? Since the leak is version 9.1.39 and the OTA is 9.1.41

sab3083

Reaction score
Alright. So could I manually install 9.1.41 the same way I installed the leak or am I stuck on 9.1.39?

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Alright. So could I manually install 9.1.41 the same way I installed the leak or am I stuck on 9.1.39?

If you installed the leak by side-loading the .zip from recovery, then no, you can't push the official OTA the same way. Developers may streamline a way to install the new build from the leaked build, but until that happens... to sideload the new build the same way you did the leak, it is necessary for you to revert back to ICS.

sab3083

Reaction score
Thanx for your replies dmb. I'm not a guru with this phone stuff so I may ask stupid questions. I'm not sure what side loaded is. But I installed the zip on my SD card and put the phone in recovery and installed from there. If that means I can't do the same with .41 how do I get back to ICS so I can install .41?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
sab3083 said:
Thanx for your replies dmb. I'm not a guru with this phone stuff so I may ask stupid questions. I'm not sure what side loaded is. But I installed the zip on my SD card and put the phone in recovery and installed from there. If that means I can't do the same with .41 how do I get back to ICS so I can install .41?

There are no stupid questions on DF. All questions are welcome and there are tons of wonderful people that are great at helping.

If it has not been developed yet, then I'm sure a way to return to stock ICS will be developed in a matter of days so that those who installed the leak will be able to get the official OTA JB. Either that or the official .41 zip will be available and can be installed the same as the .39.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score

No problem! If you don't ask questions, you won't find any answers! Side loading is installing the .zip from recovery (which you did). Reverting back to ICS is a fairly easy process. Here is a utility tool that you can use to get you back to ICS:

DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.00 [Windows] - DroidRzr.com

Make sure that you read all of the instructions, and know that the tool will erase your internal data (not data on your SD card).

sab3083

Reaction score
Great Thanx. One more question. When you say internal data what exactly does that entail?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks dmbatcofc for answering the ultimate question (that I didn't have the answer to). :)

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Great Thanx. One more question. When you say internal data what exactly does that entail?

You will lose all of your apps, phone settings, etc. If you've saved any pictures or music to your device and not a SD, you will lose that data too. Essentially it reverts your phone to how it was when you purchased it.