jelly bean and wireless tethering?

biggdave92

Reaction score
So right now i'm running foxfi on ICS. Foxfi doesn't work on jelly bean. When my maxx upgrades to JB, what will be my options to continue to wireless tether my laptop for free? I have unlimited data.

thanks!

ddfuji

Reaction score
Sqllite edit. Root the phone and change some values. If you want more Info look at this link

http://droidrazrroot.com/droid-razr...fi-tethermobile-hotspot-on-rooted-droid-razr/

It does require purchasing the sql app but for free wifi tethering its worth the couple bucks.

I'd hold off for a while on the update cause I'm on it right now and my tether works but it is horrendously slow. And I don't know why. I've posted on other forums looking for more info.

AltimateJP

Reaction score
I was all excited about the impending JB update for the OG Razr until I saw this thread and remembered the FoxFi incompatibility. I live and die by FoxFi to tether my Nexus 7 to my phone for free with unlimited data (40 GB last month...mwahaha). I guess I'll stay with ICS on my Razr and just enjoy JB on the Nexus. But hopefully someone comes up with a non-root solution. I know I haven't provided anything useful here.

ddfuji

Reaction score
There are bugs with the jelly bean. I like it but there are bugs

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Foxfi says they plan to update the app sometime down the road.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I used the sqlite hack on ICS and it was awesome. I didn't protect my root when updating so I lost it but for those who did protect their root the hack still works so no having to worry about it not working or waiting on an update.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
This is the single best reason to root, because you can then easily do the hack to the built in tethering that disables the entitlement check.

If you're on JB now and unrooted though, you'll have to wait for a new root method.

lordkrike

Reaction score
This is the single best reason to root, because you can then easily do the hack to the built in tethering that disables the entitlement check.

If you're on JB now and unrooted though, you'll have to wait for a new root method.

Could you possibly confirm that this hack works on JB? I don't really want to buy SQLite Editor if not. I wouldn't use it for anything else.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
It does work but you need to be Rooted. If you aren't rooted it won't work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2