Can I reject an upcoming JB upgrade in order to keep FoxFi?

chrisguld

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx with an unlimited data plan and I use FoxFi all the time and love it. On FoxFi's (now PDANet) site it states that Android version 4.1 and later is NOT SUPPORTED on Motorola. Their recommendation is "Do not update to Jelly Bean." I understand that this update is going to be pushed to us sometime soon. In the past, my updates have installed automatically without any approval required. I cannot find a setting anywhere to make it stop and ask first. Is there such a setting? Is there a way I can refuse to accept the Jelly Bean upgrade?

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx with an unlimited data plan and I use FoxFi all the time and love it. On FoxFi's (now PDANet) site it states that Android version 4.1 and later is NOT SUPPORTED on Motorola. Their recommendation is "Do not update to Jelly Bean." I understand that this update is going to be pushed to us sometime soon. In the past, my updates have installed automatically without any approval required. I cannot find a setting anywhere to make it stop and ask first. Is there such a setting? Is there a way I can refuse to accept the Jelly Bean upgrade?

I don't think so, I am in the exact same place you are in. I use my unlimited for the xbox360 while i'm at school. I did have it rooted when I had GB on my phone. Having the root will stop the phone from taking the update. I tried so HARD after finding out ICS was pushing through the phone, took root off wrong and it still wouldn't take the update.

So really, just root your phone and updates can't go through lol

Reaction score
I tired to ignore the update warnings but it kept popping up on my phone every few hours or so.

vbdgs

Reaction score
Would Foxfi work in a rooted version of Jelly Bean? I am in the same predicament. What about just regular PDANET and tethering it to the computer.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
You could move to the .215 leak file and that should put you off the upgrade path. I am leaning towards staying on the .215 file myself to keep FoxFi.

Or you can update to 4.1.1 and Root your device and do the entitlement hack for the mobile hot spot.

KaChow

Reaction score
If I could make some helpful suggestions, I put together the "Entitlement Hack" together in a single thread, which includes not only the Hot-spot WiFi, but also the USB Tether and also a Reverse Tether. Which when comes to Tether I think I have included all of them. I should note that I put these "hacks" together for Rooted devices and there is actually a complex Reverse tether method in the links I've provided for Non-Rooted devices. Please keep in mind these were put together for the HD devices, have worked on the M and I'm pretty positively sure they've work for others that have the Razr/Maxx devices. With these hacks say, "Good-bye to FoxFi and PDANet" as the stock Verizon apks work just fine. Here is the link.