Jealous...very jealous...And I'mma tell you why

Reaction score
Ok so I updated my ROM this morning. Had to go in and re-download all my apps.

Did the update on my roommates phone went into start re-downloading all her apps and they were already downloading back onto her phone.

Um...jealous. Anyone know the difference and why her's did that and mine didn't?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It's a Google/Market thing......

One day you will flash another ROM and then YOU will reap the benefit

Don't think I ever welcomed you to the forums...

Welcome aboard : )

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Oh...so I gotta be on Google/Market's "special" list...blows...lol

Thank you. I'm happy to be here.
You gotta have sync enabled and let Google backup your stuff and be on a FroYo ROM. One of the perks of FroYo is the auto-restore. My phone did it when I first updated to FroYo AND when I went from there to CyanogenMod 6 RC-1. I didn't need to wipe for RC-2 but I'm pretty sure it would have done the same thing. ;)

brochaos

Reaction score
auto-restore has been aroun since at least 2.0. it is not something new with froyo, and does not require a froyo rom.

my apps always reload on their own, my friends never did. i went in to his settings>privacy> and unchecked back up my data and automatic restore (they were already checked). then i waited a few mins, i didn't know if anything needed to sync or not, and then rechecked them. ever since, his apps always auto restore now. worth a shot.

dolpns13

Reaction score
MIe did the same thing. when I rooted to 2.2, all my apps were still there on the phone. All I had to do was redownload launcherpro and swype and reset my home pages and setting.

Since when do chicks get jealous?

Oh wait, forget it... My last ex was a freakin crazy jealous nutcase.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
auto-restore has been aroun since at least 2.0. it is not something new with froyo, and does not require a froyo rom.

my apps always reload on their own, my friends never did. i went in to his settings>privacy> and unchecked back up my data and automatic restore (they were already checked). then i waited a few mins, i didn't know if anything needed to sync or not, and then rechecked them. ever since, his apps always auto restore now. worth a shot.
Really? I remember reading a LOT of people very surprised that their phone was synching back up with the 2.2 update even when they'd been rooted/running custom ROMs/etc. Must be it was a bit spotty, then.