Jealous iPhone user

Tree Toad

Reaction score
The attached snippet is a part of a rant by a jealous ego maniac we know. The was part of a post he posted on another site. The claim that he bought a Droid is false but it is an attempt to prove his iPhone is superior. You will get the picture:
After seeing a promo for the Android Phone at the big "V" I decided to sign up to see what all the hype was about. Being assured that within 30 days if not satisfied I could return the equipment and cancel the service I decided to give it a try. Now I have cached with the iPhone and the iPhone does it all from the time a new cache is published to the time of signing the logbook there is no other equipment needed. This morning two caches nearby were published and the Android phone gave me the same info that I always get on the iPhone, just that it came in two hours after the caches were published and the cache page took forever to load. I decided to go out anyways and see what I could do by just using the phone, needless to say the OS on the Android is slow and cumbersome and there is no way to find a cache without a stand alone GPS unit. All said and done I did find the cache but needed to dust off my Garmin 60csx for the find.
I have since returned the Android p.o.s.and will continue with the far superior iPhone with a faster processor, and its apps for finding geocaches.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The attached snippet is a part of a rant by a jealous ego maniac we know. The was part of a post he posted on another site. The claim that he bought a Droid is false but it is an attempt to prove his iPhone is superior. You will get the picture:
After seeing a promo for the Android Phone at the big "V" I decided to sign up to see what all the hype was about. Being assured that within 30 days if not satisfied I could return the equipment and cancel the service I decided to give it a try. Now I have cached with the iPhone and the iPhone does it all from the time a new cache is published to the time of signing the logbook there is no other equipment needed. This morning two caches nearby were published and the Android phone gave me the same info that I always get on the iPhone, just that it came in two hours after the caches were published and the cache page took forever to load. I decided to go out anyways and see what I could do by just using the phone, needless to say the OS on the Android is slow and cumbersome and there is no way to find a cache without a stand alone GPS unit. All said and done I did find the cache but needed to dust off my Garmin 60csx for the find.
I have since returned the Android p.o.s.and will continue with the far superior iPhone with a faster processor, and its apps for finding geocaches.

Can you link the site or article.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two thoughts come to mind. If the cache was published, it wouldn't take 2 hours longer to show up on the Droid. Second, there's a lot more geocache programs available for the iPhone than the Droid. I used a couple of Cache programs with my Blackberry and one of the things I've noticed is they haven't really developed a good one for the Droid...yet. With the android platform in its infancy, I'm sure a killer cache app will be available soon. I just love reading the iPhone fanboys defending their phones...they know, they know.

cuskit

Reaction score
Attached where?

cuskit

korp

Reaction score
Ahahahahahaha thats hilarious what a jokester. Miami in Daytona Beach eh? I go there for spring break ... well for nightlife but Ormond Beach the rest of the time lol.

osirhis

Reaction score
So the Droid sucks because this guy couldn't find his geocache? HAHAHA! That's rich.

Pardon me if I think that is ridiculous.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most of the "Droid sucks" articles are from people who have user error issues, or choose not to research to see if an app will provide what they want.

mjs31

Reaction score
It is funny how many posts I read in other forums like the BB ones. Things like I tried the droid for a day and it sucks. Either they have never tried it or just did not have the ability to learn it. I don't know of anyone that got everything figured out on this phone in 5 days let alone one. Idiot posts tend to show the poster as a joke more than the thing they are writing about.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It is funny how many posts I read in other forums like the BB ones. Things like I tried the droid for a day and it sucks. Either they have never tried it or just did not have the ability to learn it. I don't know of anyone that got everything figured out on this phone in 5 days let alone one. Idiot posts tend to show the poster as a joke more than the thing they are writing about.

5 days...going on close to 6 weeks and still fuzzy on some things....

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how the heck to get the Droid to make my coffee in the morning. This thing sucks :icon_ devil:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm still trying to figure out how the heck to get the Droid to make my coffee in the morning. This thing sucks :icon_ devil:

It's easy....Text the Wife to get it.....:icon_ banana:

mjs31

Reaction score
LMAO...Yeah...I thought the 5 day comment was pushing it, but didn't want to make me feel like a complete idiot. Fact is...most that say it is crap have not used it or given it a shot. Now, it is not the phone for everyone and some will choose others, but to say it is crap it just not possible IMHO.
Martin -

If you download the Bunn app from the Market you can program it to put the required coffee in the filter, load the filter and start the coffee maker. There is a bug though that does not allow it to turn on the heater to keep the coffee warm. I believe they are working on that.

Droids

Reaction score
If you download the Bunn app from the Market you can program it to put the required coffee in the filter, load the filter and start the coffee maker. There is a bug though that does not allow it to turn on the heater to keep the coffee warm. I believe they are working on that.
The Bunn app also has a bug where it makes fart noises sometimes. I prefer the Mr Coffee app myself. Now if it would also pour the coffee into a cup, it would be perfect.

OP
T

Tree Toad

Reaction score
The snippet was from a rant posted on the Geocaching.com forums. The poster made such a fool of himself that they locked the tread.