I'm absolutely flummoxed...

MRex21

Reaction score
Folks,

I posted a similar thread on this before, but it's happening again. I have a Droid. My wife has an Eris. We're searching Market side by side and specific apps are coming up in my searches but not in hers. The two in question are games. Jewellust and Jewellust Christmas.

It's like they are blocked from her phone. When we scroll down the list of apps in our respective phones, all the app lists are the same EXCEPT these games. They show up on mine, but not on hers.

We've tried AndroLib as a way to go around this, but were unsuccessful. Can anyone provide an answer as to why certain apps appear in my Market (Droid) but not her Market (Eris)?

Thanks.

M.

iPirate

Reaction score
Different markets for different versions is my guess.

You found Google Goggles on both markets? It was missing in the Eris I saw.

OP
MRex21

MRex21

Reaction score
Well...we were able to download it from MobiHand...and now we don't know where on the Eris it's being kept. I'm thinking the Eris is not the best smart phone to purchase.

OP
MRex21

MRex21

Reaction score
Success at last....and posted in case anyone else has the same problem. Downloaded it from MobiHand, then downloaded ASTRO from Market...searched around and found the installer...and got it to install.

Whew!

ntice

Reaction score
apps

different apps for different phones, we have one of each here too. you can find google googles on the eris but it won't instal it will say it isn't compatible.
there are programs my daughter has on the eris I can't get but I could get a different one with a similar functions.
hope this helps.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
There are "numerical markers" in the apps that determine if they will work for earlier versions of Android or not. The Eris has 1.5, the Droid has 2.0.1 so some of the apps in the Market will not even show up in the Market App on the Eris.

To give an example there are lots of Live Wallpaper apps on the Android Market, but when you search for them with the Market app on your Droid you will never see them because they only work for 2.1 . When we get the 2.1 update you will then be able to see and download them.

It's all a matter of compatability and the system they devised works pretty well.

Last edited:

flavious27

Reaction score
Folks,

I posted a similar thread on this before, but it's happening again. I have a Droid. My wife has an Eris. We're searching Market side by side and specific apps are coming up in my searches but not in hers. The two in question are games. Jewellust and Jewellust Christmas.

It's like they are blocked from her phone. When we scroll down the list of apps in our respective phones, all the app lists are the same EXCEPT these games. They show up on mine, but not on hers.

We've tried AndroLib as a way to go around this, but were unsuccessful. Can anyone provide an answer as to why certain apps appear in my Market (Droid) but not her Market (Eris)?

Thanks.

M.

eris has a different version of the Android OS. Try using a program designed for Win7 on Win2k, it won't work.