Wasn't expecting this...

MRex21

Reaction score
I just got a Droid. My lovely wife just got the Droid Eris. We both looked for the game app 'Zilch'. On our phones, in our respective 'Markets' we have the exact same list of free game apps...with one unusual exception.

I can find, and d/l, 'Zilch' and it does not show up on her list. All the other games in the list are there...but the Eris just skips 'Zilch'.

Is this unusual? It's like it exists for my Droid, but not for her Eris.

viperboy

Reaction score
I just got a Droid. My lovely wife just got the Droid Eris. We both looked for the game app 'Zilch'. On our phones, in our respective 'Markets' we have the exact same list of free game apps...with one unusual exception.

I can find, and d/l, 'Zilch' and it does not show up on her list. All the other games in the list are there...but the Eris just skips 'Zilch'.

There are some apps that are designed to work with 2.0 and don't show up on the Eris. Example is Wheres My Droid. Last I looked, the Eris didn't show it. I believe the developer sets the criteria when a phone searches for an app and if it is not an "allowable" version of Android, it won't show up.

OP
MRex21

MRex21

Reaction score

There are some apps that are designed to work with 2.0 and don't show up on the Eris. Example is Wheres My Droid. Last I looked, the Eris didn't show it. I believe the developer sets the criteria when a phone searches for an app and if it is not an "allowable" version of Android, it won't show up.

This must be the case. All of the same games are in the same order on both our phones. The only difference is 'Zilch' exists in my list and not in hers. Other than that, they're identical.

Weird.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Try a website like AndroLib.com to bypass this and test if its compatible on her phone.