JB lottery

jhom

Reaction score
Now that JB is being released for the Razr HD and Maxx, I think it is time to start the guessing pool for the release of JB for the Bionic. I'm hopeful that it will be before February, since JB is being release for the Razr now. Maybe we will get a Christmas present? Even Samuri of HoB fame is preparing for the JB leaks.

wheeler062505

Reaction score
jhom said:
Now that JB is being released for the Razr HD and Maxx, I think it is time to start the guessing pool for the release of JB for the Bionic. I'm hopeful that it will be before February, since JB is being release for the Razr now. Maybe we will get a Christmas present? Even Samuri of HoB fame is preparing for the JB leaks.

That would make for a nice Christmas present, but I'm afraid it will guzzle the battery.

ldubs

Reaction score
Why would it guzzle the battery?

sent from my icy bionic

wheeler062505

Reaction score
ldubs said:
Why would it guzzle the battery?

sent from my icy bionic

That seems to be what ics is doing. So how is jb going to change that. With moderate messaging on yahoo, texting and occasionally checking the forums I can barely make it thru an 8 hr shift. But ics did fix my issues with 4g but I guess that was the trade off.

ldubs

Reaction score
BC jb is better stronger faster of course. There are tweaks that you can make...

sent from my icy bionic

wheeler062505

Reaction score
ldubs said:
BC jb is better stronger faster of course. There are tweaks that you can make...

sent from my icy bionic

I don't have a computer so jail breaking isn't even a thought.

ldubs

Reaction score
Lol jailbreaking...you mean rooting?

sent from my icy bionic

Tums

Reaction score
Well Moto got out the JB update for their new Razr line (HD, M, HDMAXX) when they said they would which was before the end of 2012 (honestly should have just came with the phone) which gives me some hope that the regular Razr and Maxx, D4 and our good ole Bionics could see an update sometime in January or February specially since JB is already on ver 4.2 so we shall see I guess.....

Id take mid January at the earliest to Mid February as my guess. Anything sooner than that would be pretty awesome :biggrin:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Wheeler a JB Rom will not eat battery. If anything it will improve it. You do need to be rooted though.

Sadly, I can 100% guarantee you it won't be out by February for the Bionic. I mean, come on...Bionic was supposed to get ICS LAST November, a year ago. Look how long that took, even as a flagship. I have a GS3 now, and we still don't have JB (Verizon at least) and it came with ICS stock. So IF they even decide to release it for the Bionic, which I've heard that they might not, it probably won't be till end of Q2/early Q3....at best.

And I'm willing to take bets on this :p

The Architect

Reaction score
There are plenty of JB roms floating around but they all have the same annoying issues, stock cameras wont work on any of them and for a few you must use one type of camera or another, bluetooth issues etc.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ran the jelly bean rom on my phone for about a week. Battery was excellent.. I got about 11 hours moderate to heavy use. Whoever told you that jb guzzles battery and isnt good or worth it was lying to you.. i loved it.

Only gripe is the stock camera doesnt work. But fx camera fixes that issue.