FoxFi Paid Version on JB?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the paid version of FoxFi works on the RAZR Maxx HD with JB? I've read on the Samsung Galaxy S3 forum that it still works with JB on the GS3, but don't want to shell out the $$$ if it won't work on the Maxx HD. I'm trying to wait til VZW is done pushing major updates to the phone before I root since I bricked my Bionic because it was rooted and wouldn't take the OTA ICS update. Tried to push it manually and screwed my phone.

t35rk

Reaction score
This probably doesn't help you but the free version works on the updated galaxy S3.

swharshbar

Reaction score
Still patiently waiting for the "fix" or update that allows it to work. What I do know is if you have a "Share Anything" plan, then the wifi works automatically. If you don't, then verizon wants you to pay the $20 a month to have that feature. Currently the free version and I'd also assume the paid version doesn't work on JB yet. I really hope Foxfi is working on a solution. I am willing to pay for the better version but not until they get it fixed. Supposedly the only difference between the paid version and the free version is the "limited" time you can broadcast wifi verses unlimited.

OP
T
Reaction score
Still patiently waiting for the "fix" or update that allows it to work. What I do know is if you have a "Share Anything" plan, then the wifi works automatically. If you don't, then verizon wants you to pay the $20 a month to have that feature. Currently the free version and I'd also assume the paid version doesn't work on JB yet. I really hope Foxfi is working on a solution. I am willing to pay for the better version but not until they get it fixed. Supposedly the only difference between the paid version and the free version is the "limited" time you can broadcast wifi verses unlimited.

I have a grandfathered unlimited plan, so I'm not willing to give that up just so I can use my hotspot for free. I'm going to hang on to that for as long as I can. I don't generally use more than 4GB/month, but it's nice to know that it's there if I need it.