rooted HD has no email push (no auto d/l new mail)

skygodtj

Reaction score
Abt a year ago, something changed to my rooted verizon hd phone so I no longer got any email or even text msg notice. Maybe it was JB, I have no idea..
I fixed the text msg prob by going with handcent but then that failed too, switched to chomp and that is working, but i still have no email push.
I must go and manually check each acct every hour or so. Settings are to auto push every 15min but nothing...
Any recommends for third party email app to try? Any idea how to just fix it? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Abt a year ago, something changed to my rooted verizon hd phone so I no longer got any email or even text msg notice. Maybe it was JB, I have no idea..
I fixed the text msg prob by going with handcent but then that failed too, switched to chomp and that is working, but i still have no email push.
I must go and manually check each acct every hour or so. Settings are to auto push every 15min but nothing...
Any recommends for third party email app to try? Any idea how to just fix it? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

to fix the problem you could re-flash the stock software.
for an app, use enotify. i use it for the reminders, but it has push notification. so it will do exactly what you want.

OP
S

skygodtj

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.. I did a search for android mail apps, and found MailDroid.. Went with that one.. Loaded, set up and I'll see how it goes in the next couple days. If it fails, I'll go with the reflash, tho I'm abt to upgrade it to Kitkat, so, we'll see how this works..

thanks again.

teege