Gmail not pushing

anandmva

Reaction score
Gmail synch is on but mail is not pushing to my device. I have to refresh to pull email. I've tested it by sending myself an email from another account and hours go by without any delivery of message. Any ideas what's wrong? Thx.

smd12

Reaction score
make sure GTalkservice is running in settings/applications/running services. if you are using a task killer it might being killing that service which is needed to get emails.

OP
A

anandmva

Reaction score
GTalk is running, but Gmail still not being pushed. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just checked, Google is not reporting any service issues. Yesterday I wasn't getting my gmail and google was having a small problem with .009% of it's people being affected. I was one of them. But nothing going on today.

LollyKaye

Reaction score
I started to have the same problem with my Droid last night, with an hour + delay. Same problem today. I've run through the suggestions from pulling the battery, installing gmail Notifier, confirmed gtalk is on but nothing has worked. Bummed & hoping this is a temporary glitch.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I started to have the same problem with my Droid last night, with an hour + delay. Same problem today. I've run through the suggestions from pulling the battery, installing gmail Notifier, confirmed gtalk is on but nothing has worked. Bummed & hoping this is a temporary glitch.

They wer definitely having some issues last night, but nothing showing today. Apps Status Dashboard

LollyKaye

Reaction score
Thanks Hook. I got your forum reply notification instantaneously. Hopefully back on track after a frustrating a.m. Thanks also for the status link. I'm loving my Droid, Dexter.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is surprising, but gmail is not perfect. Google has delay issues a few times every month according to my experience. If you want greater reliability (getting email fast) use [email protected] for $0.20 each. Otherwise, you might try a 3rd-party email account and the K9 email client. You get what you pay for.

OP
A

anandmva

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, everyone. I also contacted Verizon. They responded quickly but couldn't give me a specific fix. The tech said he has a Droid and uses K9mail app for Gmail.

I'm several days into this problem, so I'm probably going to rely on a third party app, rather than Droid's preinstalled software.

OP
A

anandmva

Reaction score
Fixing Gmail synch issues

Here's a great tip from Droid Google forum. Fixed my synch problem immediately. You have to "clear data" plus cache:

From: GMAIL ACCOUNT NOT SYNCING ON DROID - Google Mobile Help

"There might be an easier way to fix the problem besides the factory reset. When you go into the phone settings... go to applications then manage applications. Then you can press the phones menu button and select the filters option. Change it to display all. Then u can see gmail and gmail storage in the manage list. Try going to them and clearing their data or cache. This should clear the temporary data from the gmail app allowing it to get a fresh clean sync."

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
With 2.01 several people (including me) reported that gmail sync would randomly break because of issues w/ certain wifi routers. The problem seems to be gone with 2.1, but after you clear Gmail Storage data you might want to turn off wifi and reboot. Maybe wifi is the problem.

Pokebreaker

Reaction score
My Gmail is working fine, I use the built in Email app though, because I like when I delete emails on my phone, they delete on the website also. I don't like having to do double work. Also make sure you have the email apps on the ignore list of your Advance Task Killer, if you have one.