GMail not sending or receiving

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
i still have the syncing issue and i don't use WIFI. i am hoping 2.1 will solve this issue and i am hoping 2.1 gets here real friggin soon!

Hm, well I made one other change:

Gmail app > Settings > Labels > Inbox > Sync all

No guarrantees--just telling you what seems to have worked for me. Good luck.

hammythomas

Reaction score
There are a number of reasons why messages may not sending or receiving in your inbox.Use this :
Settings->Application->Manage applications->Gmail Storage->Clear Data.
Now when you go to Gmail app, it will sync down data it needs again. Sending and receiving started to work again.
This works for me like magic.

smd12

Reaction score
There are a number of reasons why messages may not sending or receiving in your inbox.Use this :
Settings->Application->Manage applications->Gmail Storage->Clear Data.
Now when you go to Gmail app, it will sync down data it needs again. Sending and receiving started to work again.
This works for me like magic.

i have been doing that every single day and it still doesn't seem to work

@ aminaked thanks! i will try that i hope that works.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, clearing gmail storage data fixes the problem, but it crops up again. As mentioned above, I have not seen this problem in over 2 weeks after making 2 changes: turn off wifi & set inbox sync to all. I used to have the problem once/week.

@ aminaked thanks! i will try that i hope that works.

Alright, hope it works for you. So you have wifi off? Are you sure you don't have it on but just not connecting to any routers?

If you really have it off then I have a new theory: inbox "sync all" fixes gmail sync issues; wifi off fixes k9 & stock mail app issues where pop would stop polling. All just theory folks, but so far so good for me.