Gmail messages won't send?

Teezy

Reaction score
For a while, apparently, my Gmails won't send.. and I just realized this today after double-checking my Outbox........ there are 6 of them that say "Sending..."
The oldest message is a week old and Auto-Sync has been on for days... help, please?

More info:
Motorola Droid; Rooted
Ultimate Droid eXtreme 7.0.0

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Xemnova

Reaction score
I would say when in your outbox after you sent the message and see the red words saying sending that you hit menu and manual refresh. This is what I do to make sure the messages I send go out, although I'm not on auto-sync either so I probably need to do this whereas auto-sync should do this for you automatically. Hope this helps :D

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't kill tasks.

Make sure sync is on.

phone settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter > all > Gmail storage > clear data, should clear the problem

...that will delete the messages in your outbox, so be warned.

OP
T

Teezy

Reaction score
@aminaked i will keep the "don't kill tasks" in mind for further knowledge. i've also been told that auto-killing tasks sorta ruins everything.. so yeah thats done for me.

@zemnova yesssssss that worked. thanks!

thanks to the both of you, actually! :D i love this forum dancedroid

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK!

You can leave sync on. It doesn't use much juice. Then you won't have to manually refresh all the time.

OP
T

Teezy

Reaction score
OK!

You can leave sync on. It doesn't use much juice. Then you won't have to manually refresh all the time.

Well I usually leave sync on only during the night, so everything can be up-to-date when I wake up in the morning. Wonder what the heck happened.. xD

OP
T

Teezy

Reaction score
this usually happens to me when I restore a rom
sucks donkey bslls

Maybe that had something to do with it... because I flashed to Ultimate Droid eXtreme 7.0.0 a few days ago.. and accidentally did an entire wipe of my system and ended up doing a restore and flashing again lol.

OP
T

Teezy

Reaction score
this usually happens to me when I restore a rom
sucks donkey bslls

Maybe that had something to do with it... because I flashed to Ultimate Droid eXtreme 7.0.0 a few days ago.. and accidentally did an entire wipe of my system and ended up doing a restore and flashing again lol.

that's the only time it. screws up
I see... hmm. Well now I'm fully aware of that little "bug," I suppose!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
So what's the solution? Manually refresh? Sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm not sure what fixed it for you.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. Is the problem that gmail isn't refreshing/sending automatically even when sync is on? Have you tried this?:

phone settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter > all > Gmail storage > clear data