New version of PDA Net+ works with JB

covard

Reaction score
They just updated FoxFi and Pdanet + for JB.

I checked out their website and version 4.12 is out and is supposed to have enabled the WiFi tethering with JellyBean on our Maxx. I hope that it is true. I'll have to try it out. If so, that is very good news.

steve9830

Reaction score
Confirmed! Downloaded & installed the updated PDA Net v4.12.1 and FoxFi 2.12 on my Verizon Razr Maxx. After some lingo about a FoxFi certificate and a short delay, it started a VPN wireless hotspot as advertised! Subsequent startups of the PDANet/FoxFi hotspot does not require the certificate authentication business, but you will still get the 'checking subscription status' notification each time. Just wait a few seconds; it will go away and your hotspot will be up and running. GREAT JOB AND A BIG THANKS TO JUNE FABRICS!!

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
FoxFi now works. If you diddancedroid not pay $7.95 B 4 you will have to now. Watch out they try to get you to set up Google wallet but you do not have to.:mad:

metalhead

Reaction score
Yes! I've been reading and reading about rooting and was about to give it a try just to get my wifi tethering back and saw this thread. I had uninstalled Foxfi since it didn't work with JB and didn't know there had been an update. Reinstalled and now I'm typing this on my iPad! It works!

bocabean

Reaction score
With the uncertainty of when or if Foxfi was ever going to return with JB, I had finally given up and went the root route. I had put that process off for quite a long time, but personally I am glad that I finally did it. From my limited experience so far and paying closer attention to the various ROMs available for my version of Razr Maxx, it seems that most of the roms already have free wifi built into them.

I can fully appreciate the concern over warranty. I had to take advantage of it in order to get a replacement phone. However, at the end of the day, I am still glad that I finally rooted, installed free wifi, and have explored the world of custom roms. Currently I am using the Aviator rom and it works great. If it weren't for the initial loss of Foxfi, I never would have given it a shot, but now I can appreciate why people have so much fun with it. It's almost like getting a new device.

Glad that Foxfi is back but I wouldn't give up on the root idea if you have tried being adventurous yet.dancedroid

Reaction score
Well I redownloaded foxfi cause Im happy to hear that its back. But I have a few questions. What is VPN? Will verizon see my usage? Dont matter I have unlimited but it would be nice. Can verizon charge for this? Is there away to get rid of the pattern, pin, or password lock screen. I like the swipe lock screen and it wont give me an option for this.