Pda net+ foxfi

Chupacabras30

Reaction score
New update was sent to my phone "Jelly Bean 4.1.2" and my PDANET+ WIFI does no longer work!!! anyone have any suggestions? I'm back to USB connection and can't have more than one device active by Bluetooth! I appreciate any feedback you might have. I hope PDA NET can come up with a new software update soon!!

Thank you

jp233

Reaction score
Go to the regular RAZR forum... you could wait for a fix or root and there is an app that works great

dubyatee

Reaction score
I got a notice awhile back to download Pdanet. When I did, my old Foxfi went away. I thought these two apps were related and it was an upgrade. Having trouble finding out what the difference is. Both Apps worked great for creating a WIFI hotspot. I haven't installed the new JB upgrade yet, I have seen where that will stop my Pdanet from working.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have "usb debugging" checked under developer options?
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that allows tether via Wi-Fi with the newest pdanet/foxfi update and on JB.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

dubyatee

Reaction score
Do you have "usb debugging" checked under developer options?
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that allows tether via Wi-Fi with the newest pdanet/foxfi update and on JB.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Yes, I have that, and it's checked. But I've been reading other threads saying they installed the download and now can't create a WIFI. It's dong fine the way it is, until I know for sure I think I'll just keep hitting the download later button

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
As of now on JB,
With Pdanet+ (and possibly other apps)
You can Bluetooth tether.
You can USB tether.
You cannot activate the WiFi hotspot feature.
Everyone is hoping that Pdanet+ comes up with an update to break in again.

dubyatee

Reaction score
As of now on JB,
With Pdanet+ (and possibly other apps)
You can Bluetooth tether.
You can USB tether.
You cannot activate the WiFi hotspot feature.
Everyone is hoping that Pdanet+ comes up with an update to break in again. Do you know if Fox Fi works? Or are they the same thing/

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
PDANet+ DOES work if you hack the SQL file, Settings : Storage and change the Entitlement Check to a "0". Apparently VeriGoogleRola came up with a way to direct PDANet+ to follow the same eligibility check as the Verizon Hotspot app does, so first it tells you that they've made it inoperable, then it takes you to the enrollment screen for the Verizon Hotspot. If the Entitlement Check is set to "0", it kicks in and starts sharing WIFI just like the Verizon Hotspot app does...but the PDANet+ app doesn't breech your Terms of Use contract with Verizon...at least the app doesn't.

Last edited:

RCobble

Reaction score
where is the entitlement check place???

PDANet+ DOES work if you hack the SQL file, Settings:Storage and change the Entitlement Check to a "0". Apparently VeriGoogleRola came up with a way to direct PDANet+ to follow the same eligibility check as the Verizon Hotspot app does, so first it tells you that they've made it inoperable, then it takes you to the enrollment screen for the Verizon Hotspot. If the Entitlement Check is set to "0", it kicks in and starts sharing WIFI just like the Verizon Hotspot app does...but the PDANet+ app doesn't breech your Terms of Use contract with Verizon...at least the app doesn't.

jackmccarron

Reaction score
PDANet+ DOES work if you hack the SQL file, Settings : Storage and change the Entitlement Check to a "0". Apparently VeriGoogleRola came up with a way to direct PDANet+ to follow the same eligibility check as the Verizon Hotspot app does, so first it tells you that they've made it inoperable, then it takes you to the enrollment screen for the Verizon Hotspot. If the Entitlement Check is set to "0", it kicks in and starts sharing WIFI just like the Verizon Hotspot app does...but the PDANet+ app doesn't breech your Terms of Use contract with Verizon...at least the app doesn't.

This looks like a great fix for the loss of pdanet's wifi tether with JB - but HOW do we get to the SQL file, Settings : Storage to change the Entitlement Check?

Does my phone need to be rooted to do this? Is there some app, like AndroZip (that has suddenly stopped working with the JB update!) that will get me into the SQL file??

Please help!

Thanks,
Jack

7779311mm

Reaction score
Only applies to rooted phones, Jack. You MUST read the instructions fully...then read again:happy3:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This looks like a great fix for the loss of pdanet's wifi tether with JB - but HOW do we get to the SQL file, Settings : Storage to change the Entitlement Check?

Does my phone need to be rooted to do this? Is there some app, like AndroZip (that has suddenly stopped working with the JB update!) that will get me into the SQL file??

Please help!

Thanks,
Jack

Only applies to rooted phones, Jack. You MUST read the instructions fully...then read again:happy3:

As 7779311mm said, you will find all the information you need in the instructions, but the short answer is yes, root is required. Also, the apps that are required to gain access to the SQL file and allow you change the Entitlement value to enable the Verizon Hotspot are mentioned in the same thread. There are two alternatives, you can purchase one app, or you can use a combination of two free apps to accomplish the same function.

jackmccarron

Reaction score

Hey mm - Thanks for the response. That's what I expected. I'm chicken to root my phone. I don't like bricks.

I will now use a USB tether from my Razr to my first laptop and my old router to wifi the internet to my wife's laptop - and wait to see if PdaNet can solve this latest Verizon/JB problem.

Jack