ive been attacked by hackers

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
So a while back I've read an article about certain apps taking personal info like email passeords, phone numbers, etc. Didn't think much about it but today I found out they got my info.

I checked my hotmail account and some one logged in and use it to send spam as well as my wifes account. I checked gmail and doesn't seemed to have been used but changed the password and immidately got an email for failure to log in. I checked all the apps that seemed to have fishy permissions and uninstalled them, but how are you suppose to know this before you dl. I'm not racist but these chinese hacker needs to be delt with some how. Can't use my phone without worrying about idenity theft.

Anyone else had this experience. Also better go check ur emails just incase. BEWARE OF WHAT APP YOU DL

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL, the "chinese." Thats funny. How sure are you that it is from your droid? Did they only send spam to Your wife? LOL, not to be Dick Tracy here but was the spam an add for a certain Android app? (it cant be that obvious....)(what was the spam?)

OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
I know its chinese because the spam links are chinese. Also if you read correctly I said her account was hacked too not spam was sent to her. It used our email addresses to send spam to random people that I don't even know.
Logged on my email account not an app and EMAILED to people.hope thats clear enough for u

Last edited:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, Can you list your apps? If what you say is true then Google should be notified... Last thing that needs to happen is a security breach... more ammo for apple....

mightybrick

Reaction score
Most likely what happened was your computer was compromised by a virus of some sort, and they got your hotmail login info from there. I HIGHLY doubt it was due to an app on your phone. Scan your computer with a quality antivirus program.

OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
The article I've read was from this forum that was posted in the home page and the news widget for the moto droid phone. Google is aware of it but I wish they would hurry up and do something.

The apps that I think caused this is 3D wallpaper (has a sphinx picture) which have been moved from the market. This app was posted on the article, so i immediately deleted it. Also those ringtone editors and mp3 downloads as well I think are the ones that affected me and my wife. In the article they list quite a bit of apps that were suspicious.

OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
Most likely what happened was your computer was compromised by a virus of some sort, and they got your hotmail login info from there. I HIGHLY doubt it was due to an app on your phone. Scan your computer with a quality antivirus program.

i'm pretty confident that it's not my computer because our phones been popping up with weird seaches another market when it shows on your history, before this all happened. also a friend of mine downloaded pretty much same apps as us and she recently started getting weird text messages. as well as one from amex about a outstanding balance when she doesn't have amex. I understand with amex someone could have just inputed a wrong number for notifications and happens to be my friends. but things are just suspicious

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
i see your why your suspicious, You really should contact google. They do what they can with apps that steal data but they need to know about them in order to do anything. Im sure someone from google has more advise for you...If only you could narrow down what app it was.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
i see your why your suspicious, You really should contact google. They do what they can with apps that steal data but they need to know about them in order to do anything. Im sure someone from google has more advise for you...If only you could narrow down what app it was.
+1

Call in the Android cops, and I don't mean Robocop.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
I did use one which was called 3d wallpaper. After I changed the password for gmail I did get a email for multiple failed attempts to log in so someone/computer was trying.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I did use one which was called 3d wallpaper. After I changed the password for gmail I did get a email for multiple failed attempts to log in so someone/computer was trying.
Okay. I'd report that app in particular to Google with your information. Reason being this may be the first actual reported case of the harvested information being used illegally and they NEED to know so they can notify people AND maybe FINALLY start putting more restrictions on the crapps hitting the market.

OP
K

krnboixshawn

Reaction score
Okay. I'd report that app in particular to Google with your information. Reason being this may be the first actual reported case of the harvested information being used illegally and they NEED to know so they can notify people AND maybe FINALLY start putting more restrictions on the crapps hitting the market.

Google is aware of that app amd removed it