please help, google screwed me

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a big problem and its got me furious at the s.o.b.'s at google. I woke up a week and a half ago, and saw a sign in error on my droid, asking me to enter my new google password. I figure I got hacked. Turns out it was google who hacked it. So I go to reset my password, and google informs me my account has been disabled. No explanation or anything, just a white page with one sentence: sorry, your account has been disabled. So I proceed to contact google. Nothing. I use their contact us page, and use their technical support page. Nothing. I have contacted them over 10 seperate times and no reply. No t.o.s. were broken, no spam was sent. All my bills and receiipts are in that email account. Now get this crap, I can't go to the market on my phone. No app updates, no new apps, nothing without my google password. I can't even open my freakin calendar. I made a new google acct, and I still can't open stuff. I have to wipe my phone clean and erase everything to make my new google account my main one. Its so screwed up. Wasted money on a droid, and wasted time on a gmail account. I should have stuck with hotmail. I have lots of important email and info in my email acct. What should I do? Wasted money on a now useless droid. Any ideas? I'm extremely pissed off about it. They won't fix it or even contact me. Worst customer service I've ever seen.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Worst customer service I've ever seen.

It is a free service, But back to your problem....

How many paid apps do you have? Thats the only real thing you would be losing...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's a VZW phone. Take it to the Verizon store. They may have a little more pull at Google than you. Worth a try.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's a VZW phone. Take it to the Verizon store. They may have a little more pull at Google than you. Worth a try.

The instore tech will just create him a new account.

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score
I have tryed making a new account, it does nothing unless you wipe your phone. And I do consider it customer service seeing as I paid money for a google phone and expect it to work. And it all works arpund google stuff, and I can't get to any google stuff now. My email has been gone for a week n a half now, along with half the crap on my phone. Have 31 updates I can't download. Can't even go to my dang calendar. Btw backnblack, nice to see another pro 2a guy on here, most technology forums don't tolerate that. I got banned from computerforum.com for talking about guns and the 2nd ammendment haha. They were strict followers of the brady bunch and anti gun as I have ever seen. What's your carry gun? I just got out of myh 10mm fad as I couldn't afford it, had a dw pm10 1911 and a glock 20, got a smith lemon squeezer I carry rite now, soon gunna be a glock 19 or a colt 9mm 1911 done over by john harrison.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do a factory reset. Then you should be prompted to sign in again. That should allow you access back in. If not you will be able to create a new account.

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score
I've also posted on the google help forums last week, no contact from google then either. Just disabled my account for the heck of it. Try to recover it EVERY day. Can't get my finance emails and personal emails abd business emails, any of it. Or use google stuff on my google phone. Its b.s.

iPirate

Reaction score
If I lost my Google account That would be the end of our relationship. I suggest pushing Google more to find your answers. Are you sure you didn't do anything fishy. ......

thelion

Reaction score
I doubt they just did it for kicks and giggles. Google really doesn't get their rocks off by shutting down folks' logins for no reason. It may very well be that someone was using your account to spam. Give them some time, it is hard with written communication. If all else fails, wipe the phone and start with a brand new Google account until you can get the other one fixed.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not that this is any benefit to you whatsoever, now, but this is why I always tell people that use any web based email (especially gmail since they make it easy to forward) to always have your mail automatically forwarded to a backup email.

This is also the potential (and never seen before until now) problem of having a phone so reliant on one single cloud service. Obviously, if I see this problem once a year, to most people the benefits out weigh the negatives. But to that one person (i.e. bamarammin87 in this case!) it's horrible when it happens!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have tryed making a new account, it does nothing unless you wipe your phone. And I do consider it customer service seeing as I paid money for a google phone and expect it to work. And it all works arpund google stuff, and I can't get to any google stuff now. My email has been gone for a week n a half now, along with half the crap on my phone. Have 31 updates I can't download. Can't even go to my dang calendar. Btw backnblack, nice to see another pro 2a guy on here, most technology forums don't tolerate that. I got banned from computerforum.com for talking about guns and the 2nd ammendment haha. They were strict followers of the brady bunch and anti gun as I have ever seen. What's your carry gun? I just got out of myh 10mm fad as I couldn't afford it, had a dw pm10 1911 and a glock 20, got a smith lemon squeezer I carry rite now, soon gunna be a glock 19 or a colt 9mm 1911 done over by john harrison.

It's a google experience phone, The NexusOne is the only Google phone.

Whats the biggest issue with wiping the device? Is it the paid apps you will lose?

Check out our guns thread in Off-Topic.

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score
If I lost my Google account That would be the end of our relationship. I suggest pushing Google more to find your answers. Are you sure you didn't do anything fishy. ......
Nothing fishy. Hell, I rarely ever sent an email FROM the account. I mainly just get all my emails sent there, my bank statements, my receipts for purchasing anything from me or my wife, and receive a few personal emails from friends rarely. I try every day. It's enough to make me drop google phones and verizon to get a iphone. That isn't dependant on an account they'll cut off for S's and G's.

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Not that this is any benefit to you whatsoever, now, but this is why I always tell people that use any web based email (especially gmail since they make it easy to forward) to always have your mail automatically forwarded to a backup email.

This is also the potential (and never seen before until now) problem of having a phone so reliant on one single cloud service. Obviously, if I see this problem once a year, to most people the benefits out weigh the negatives. But to that one person (i.e. bamarammin87 in this case!) it's horrible when it happens!
I'll be sure to do that next time. Thanks bud, I wish I woulda done that before.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok before we get way ahead of ourselves, OP did you try the factory reset and re logging in.
I have had the same issue (but this was from flashing a rom). A factory reset fixed the issue. Some times the google server goes down when you sign in, or something is not communicating right. A factory reset normally fixes that.
If you can sign into your gmail or google account on your computer then the issue is not google but the device.