please help, google screwed me

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score
I mainly don't want to wipe my phone because of all zillions apps I have, and I will just have to wipe it again when (if) they fix my account, to make my email my main google account again. I don't want to wipe it now, get everything set up like I want by tommorow, and then they fix my email account and I have to wipe it again the next day. The phone is a big part of the problem, but the biggest is not having email. This BLOWS.

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Ok before we get way ahead of ourselves, OP did you try the factory reset and re logging in.
I have had the same issue (but this was from flashing a rom). A factory reset fixed the issue. Some times the google server goes down when you sign in, or something is not communicating right. A factory reset normally fixes that.
If you can sign into your gmail or google account on your computer then the issue is not google but the device.
I can reset bud, but the problem is my account is disabled. I can and have made a new google account, but I still don't have my main email. I am waiting to reset my phone, because I reeeeally hope they'll fix my email. It's disabled whether I do it on a pc or my phone. The only phone problem is you can't do crap without a google account, and the main prolem is google account is disabled.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The lesson here is...back-up google mail to your computer for offline use frequently.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I mainly don't want to wipe my phone because of all zillions apps I have, and I will just have to wipe it again when (if) they fix my account, to make my email my main google account again. I don't want to wipe it now, get everything set up like I want by tommorow, and then they fix my email account and I have to wipe it again the next day. The phone is a big part of the problem, but the biggest is not having email. This BLOWS.

Get Titanium Backup and you can restore everything after the reset.
Apps, Data, Setup....Everything.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I doubt they just did it for kicks and giggles. Google really doesn't get their rocks off by shutting down folks' logins for no reason. It may very well be that someone was using your account to spam. Give them some time, it is hard with written communication. If all else fails, wipe the phone and start with a brand new Google account until you can get the other one fixed.

I would like to second this.

Also, your google account is accessible on the computer, which is the primary use, are you the only who use the computers that have accessed this email address on?

Google doesn't just close accounts for no reason, so something had to have gone on, even if you aren't privy to it. If someone hacked your account, or someone did something on a computer while your email was logged on could lead to problems.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
have you done google's account recovery form? they're normally pretty good about responding within a few hours to a day at the most if you can answer enough questions correctly

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
here's a link to their account recover form:

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/request.py?ara=1

just say no to the first question and it will open up... the biggest help is having the confirmation code they sent you when you first opened up the account, but the more info you can accurately put in there (or even estimate closely) the better chance you have of having it recovered

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

he has to be rooted to use that

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

he has to be rooted to use that

If he said he wasn't, I missed it.....

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score

Id love to, but I can't download apps. Id have to reset to downnload any apps or use the market.

And guys let me point out, its not my phone, my email DOES NOT work from my pc either. It is disabled, plain and simple. It won't log into it bfrom anywhere.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
if your rooted i can send you the free titanium back up just pm me with your email

EDIT: if you want also you could use astro or linda manager to back up just the apks but you would lose the data (this is for if your not rooted)

OP
B

bamarammin87

Reaction score
And I'm not rooted, I have tryed the acct recovery, it just tells me my account is diisabled and that's it. They still haven't contacted me. Thanks for the link, I will read thru it. I really appreciate the help guys, I didn't know where else to turn.

Anticitizen

Reaction score
I agree with others that it's likely your account got hacked and Google shut it down for that reason. Use the account recovery form linked above, you should get it back.

I can only imagine what a pain that must be. I use Google for damn near everything, now... email, calendar, contacts... and google voice! Since everyone uses my google voice number, would my phone stop ringing if my Google account got shut down? That would raise my blood pressure quite a bit...