It's been out for 2 weeks now...as things stand now, are you keeping your Droid?

perviouspk

Reaction score
I had an Iphone for 4 years and Blackberry for 4 years. The Droid hands down is the best smart phone I have ever been able to use. From syncing to Outlook, double-backing on gmail, to the apps. Not to mention Google Voice! It is the best piece of mobile technology I have ever seen. The support is fantastic- and the people on this Droid Forum site are EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT, and everybody wants to help everyone! I want to do my best to help people as well!
The device is as close to perfect out of the gate as any I have ever owned in my 20 years of carrying a smart phone device! Go with the Droid and keep it! You will see the worth! And utilize the forums and Google/Motorola support staff!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. Came from a BB Storm 1 so this device is NIGHT and DAY. I don't use exchange or have a need for 'instant' e-mail so there are No Advantages to the Storm for me.

2. I was planning on using this device to decide if I really like the Android 2.0 OS and then return it and hold out for the Passion but two things have come to light... first, the Passion is still only rumored with no release date. Speculation still exists on battery life and how much of a 'real' advantage it's processing with have over Moto..... secondly I don't think, check that, I know I can't go back to BB's plain, dead in the water OS. 5.0's big improvements to make Storm a consumer phone flopped.

Droid is aware I'm talking about BB... getting restless.... gotta go. :happy2:

adjdro

Reaction score
I had a Treo for about 3 years. I'm so glad I switched. The Driod is great.

bbcrackman

Reaction score
I actually have two and dont see myself getting rid of them anytime soon. Though I also have my BB's still and will be keeping those too. Can never have to many toys. Im really looking forward to the new Passion though.

dihtn

Reaction score
I've had mine for almost a week and it is great. The web browser is great-I use it for work and it has been a great help since I can access a real website and not have to crack open my laptop while being out seeing customers. The e-mail - both gmail/POP3 and Exchange have been working flawlessly. Looking forward to iheartradio and spell-checking for the e-mail but even with that being said, it is a much more functional devise than my Curve was.

metalmenance

Reaction score
Well my history is this over the past 4 years,,,,
treo700w,treo700wx,htc6800,bb storm,omnia i910 and now the DROID!!!
and I will say it is the best performing device of em all, best display, best internet exp,
best for movies/youtube, just overall out the gate my favorite device.
others had strong points to them (storm was the loudest/6800 has best hard keyboard/omnia had best camera) but none can beat the droid hands down overall
in my exp and opinion and i am sure it will get better with new updates....

Reaction score
This phone is never leaving my side! I constantly find myself doing something on it even at odd hours of the night! I think I am addicted. They need Android Anonymous, LOL.

djm3801

Reaction score
I am keeping it. Sometimes i love it and other times I want to toss it out the car window. Been in cutting edge technology all my life. I remember when I complained it was not a hands free phone when using Bluetooth in the car, someone said you are not supposed to be using a hand held phone in the car. I guess they never drive as half the people out there have a phone up to the side of their heads. It is just an OK phone. The extras are nice and the browser is very good. Not worth the small return fee and the trouble of returning it and getting something else. Original opinions on phone functionality still the same after 20 days owning it. It is my opinion and obviously differs from the majority here. Good that most of you are thrilled with it.

Isosceles Raion

Reaction score
I'm totally keeping my droid. I've been stalking this phone for months and finally got it. It was full retail, but its so worth it.

I knew it could play games, but when I saw GBA emulator I literally jumped in the mall and screamed "aww **** yeah!" People were like "wtf..." Its so got so many possibilities and more! O love my droid only after 3 days and its gonna stay.

wa1ne45

Reaction score
Returned today waiting

I just sent mine back today. I will wait until the release is completed. I love the phone but I need two things: voice dialing thru bluetooth without touching the phone, and to be able to sync my droid with outlooks USB connection. Anyone else have the same thoughts?

pcm2a

Reaction score
I used a iPhone 3g for a quite a while, then moved into the Android market with a HTC Magic. This Droid blows all of the other phones away hands down!

Not only was it a fair price for $200 at Best Buy, but now that Dell.com is selling it for $120 I went back in and had them price match it.

$120 from a local store = win.