The only 2 things I hate about the Droid

M

Matth3w

Can you delete the icon for the Amazon, etc? Or are you forced to have the icon on the desktop?

Million

Reaction score
You can't completely delete it off the phone,, it takes space and there are around a dozen, that's room for a dozen or so apps that I would want

M

Matth3w

If you root can you run/install apps off the SD card?

Also, my understanding is that while you can't store an entire app on the SD card, it will install everything but the executables over on the SD...is that true?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I personally like and use the Amazon mp3 app. To each their own.
How do you play the song? I downloaded one and it wouldn't show up in Android's music player and i couldn't play it within the AmazonMP3 app...?????

Honestly, I just clicked buy, signed in, and bought it. It downloaded (I used wifi), and added itself to the Android Music Player.

OP
EmmVeePee

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
You have to root the phone and then you can delete the app completely, although its not recomended since you need to restore it if you ever want to update. Its best to rename the amazonmp3, then it will essentially still take up space, but not show up in the app menu.

WITHOUT rooting, you can remove the icon from the desktop, but it will still be in the app menu/drawer.

thegipper

Reaction score
Is the police stream app just in case the FBI comes to kick in your door for all those illegally D/Led MP3s?

garyll

Reaction score
hate is a pretty strong word. The phone has a zillion features and you're upset because of some issues with the icons? Those of us with weaker eyes prefer having the text. There is no way to make the "Perfect" phone that has EXACTLY the features that one person wants because there are so many variables. As for the installed applications, it subsidizes some of the costs of the phone for Motorola so we can get it at the price we do. You can take them off your home screens, is it so horrible to have a few extra icons in your application list? I wish people would quit complaining about these minor issues and just enjoy the Droid for, as the commercials say, what it DOES.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only problem i have about the icon text is the ones that yes are too long and just sort of cut off =/

jasonb

Reaction score
I don't care about having apps I don't need unless I have 2 apps that do the same exact thing. For example, I use handcent for texting, and it kinda bothers me that I can't get rid of the stock messenger app. Same thing with the music player, I use mixzing, not the stock player. I hatehaving duplicate apps.

aldeghij

Reaction score
If you use the More Icons Widget, all the letters are removed, but you need reading glasses to see the icons...