Issues with v0.5

Spenny

Reaction score
Hello,

Today I purchased the Liberty Toolbox Donate from the App Market, which I put onto my rooted (via zRoot) DroidX. I believe I was running 2.2.3, however I may be wrong about that. So I ran Titanium Backup, and went for the gold... or yellow, as is the theme of Liberty...

Anyway, I first installed Liberty 2.0.1, and then the patch for it. After a good five or so minutes of really enjoying it, a few coworkers convinced me to try and go Gingerbread and get the v0.5 version.

So, I installed the full version of v0.1, which seemed to go well, and then I installed the v0.5, with kernel, however now I am experiencing some issues.

First, upon setup, my Gmail account wouldn't sync, so I had to skip it and then I added it in accounts. Then I discovered my contacts had almost all disappeared (only contacts which I had hand added with no connections to Facebook or Gmail remained), as well as any ability to use 3G. I can still make phone calls. My apps also disappeared, and after connecting to the wifi at my office, I checked the App Market which acted as though I hadn't purchased or downloaded anything, so I used my Titanium Backup which I had done earlier to get my apps back, however, my FB contacts are back, but their info is incomplete at best, where birthdays are listed as -24325340000 or the like, just random strings of negative digits. Also, the syncing arrow-circle is constantly on at the top of the screen, regardless of if I am connected to wifi, or on my now nonexistent 3G.

I did a backup and a wipe cache on all the installs, except for the 2.0.1 patch, as instructed.

Frankly, I think I'd rather flash back to 2.0.1, until things stabilize with GB, however I have no idea how to do that... :(

If anyone can provide me with any information or pointers on how to do so, that'd be great, as I am very uncertain now that I've FUBARed my phone a bit.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Spenny.

Last edited:
OP
S

Spenny

Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy response, working on the SBF right now, just downloading the .sbf now.

Will follow what you've done and report back.

Might just stick with 2.0.1/2.2.1 for now, this GB fiasco's got me a tad spooked.

And by that I mean, give me a day and I'm sure my coworkers will have me convinced to go for it again.

Thanks again,

Spenny.

GTX1

Reaction score
I read some where when I first made the jump to LGB that you needed to actually update through the tree. ie: 0.1, 0.3, 0.4, 591 Kernel & 0.5(At the same time in CWR, so pre-download them).

I know it honestly shouldn't make a difference, the bootloader is the same and if you do the kernel update from 0.1 it is technically up to date, but it worked for me and everyone I've told that.

OP
S

Spenny

Reaction score
So I just SBF'd it, and I've rooted with z4root again, however, something is odd...

After the Motorola logo, there is a Silver Liberty with Eagle logo with swirl in the center of it, right before the phone pops up to the lock screen... It seems very odd, anyone have a clue of what's up?

Did I not SBF completely?

kilahimm

Reaction score
Not 100% sure but i think that's because the boot logo, in this case the spinning liberty eagle is stored in /data/local which isn't changed when sbf'ing unless you also wipe data / factory reset.

OP
S

Spenny

Reaction score
Makes sense, thanks for the response.

Installing 2.0.1 right now. Question is, after I install the patch, would the best bet to get my phonebook back be to install Titanium Backup and restore all my apps + data?

If anyone has advice, it's greatly appreciated.

You guys are great.

Thanks again.

Spenny.

OP
S

Spenny

Reaction score
Alright, patched and running 2.0.1.

Everything seems swell except... It's only showing 9 contacts. This may be an Accounts issue that I am overlooking, but I have about 40 contacts or so, and I'm not sure if I've lost their info for good, or if I need to sync them somehow?

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Spenny.