From LIberty 2.0.1 to LGB V0.5 W/ Netflix

deceptiveat70

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying: This worked for me and I cannot promise it will work for everyone. Really all I am going to do here is give you a walk through of the threads I used to get from Point A to Point C, since there doesn't seem to be one clear walk through.

Use this guide at your own risk...as always!

READ THROUGH EVERYTHING TWICE BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!

Ok, so you are currently running Liberty 2.0.1, Your first step is to go here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/145785-how-do-i-go-2-01-lgb-0-5-a.html

Follow the instructions given in the #2 post and this will walk you through from 2.0.1 to LGB V0.5 with the .591 Kernel. The one thing I will say in regards to the walkthrough above is: When downloading v0.5 it will be the second option from the top (as of 5-20-11), not the first. Maybe it was just me but this line seemed a little blurry.

So now you are on Liberty GB V0.5.

The net step is getting the Netflix APK. I found the XDA cracked version through DroidLife and you can too! Go here and download the APK:

Download: Netflix for the DROIDX - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I used dropbox to get it onto my phone and simply installed it like any other APK. It almost wants to work just like this but it will stall at the loading screen. That is where the next step comes in.

The JRummy crack for DX Netflix can be found here (See Post #1):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/147065-netflix.html

I presume if you made it this far you know how to install this through recovery, but some rough instructions are given in the thread.

Hope this helps anyone who is still trying to figure it out.

Reaction score
If Netflix is the only goal, it works w/ Liberty 2.0

I would just like to report that the devicecheck-disabled version of the Netflix apk (from xda) works beautifully on Liberty 2.0. I installed it, logged in and have already played through a few episodes of The Office. That's worth at least a few dancing bananas!!!

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: