Back to Liberty 2.0.1 from LGB thru toolbox?

GeneRs

Reaction score
I'm close to purchasing the donate version of Liberty Toolbox so I can try LGB with an easy install. But, if I prefer to go back to Liberty 2.0.1, can I revert thru the toolbox? Even better, can I restore a backup thru bootstrap or do I have to sbf back to a previous OS before restoring a backup?

I have been more than happy running Liberty 2.0 with the PuRe theme but I'm so damn curious about Liberty Gingerbread. I just wanna be prepared if I decide LGB ain't no thang, ya know?

Thanx for any help and advice provided.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same space as you. Hopefully we get an answer. It seems that we would have to sbf or do the monster zip thing.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

Fanatic1074

Reaction score
I'm close to purchasing the donate version of Liberty Toolbox so I can try LGB with an easy install. But, if I prefer to go back to Liberty 2.0.1, can I revert thru the toolbox? Even better, can I restore a backup thru bootstrap or do I have to sbf back to a previous OS before restoring a backup?

I have been more than happy running Liberty 2.0 with the PuRe theme but I'm so damn curious about Liberty Gingerbread. I just wanna be prepared if I decide LGB ain't no thang, ya know?

Thanx for any help and advice provided.

+1, Im in exactly the same situation except i have bought the donate version and have downloaded .5 hoping for someone to answer this.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
The answer you guys need is....sbf back to froyo. If you try a nandroid it will send you into a bootloop. I like the maderstock.zip but sbf'ing is always better. It assures you that you are starting fresh. Hope that helps!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
The answer you guys need is....sbf back to froyo. If you try a nandroid it will send you into a bootloop. I like the maderstock.zip but sbf'ing is always better. It assures you that you are starting fresh. Hope that helps!

Uuuuuuugh. I'm scared to death of SBFing. I have had the Maderstock zip on my PC since I first rooted just in case I need it. Guess I have a ton off research and soul searching to do. Maybe some weekend when I'm feeling adventurous I will give this a shot.

Thanx a ton for the quick feedback "cubsfan".

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Uuuuuuugh. I'm scared to death of SBFing. I have had the Maderstock zip on my PC since I first rooted just in case I need it. Guess I have a ton off research and soul searching to do. Maybe some weekend when I'm feeling adventurous I will give this a shot.

I was nervous about it too but it's a fairly simple process and you can do it in about 20 min give or take.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

cubsfan187

Reaction score

No problem! Glad I could answer something for a change....lol. SBF'ing is fairly easy to do. As long as you get a good dl of the sbf file it goes pretty fast and does it all on it's own. I was scared to death of it when I first got my X (and didn't make a backup of stock after rooting) then needed to get back to stock for the OTA update. Do your reading on it though. It will make it fast and painless to do then. Once you do it, you won't have a problem trying something new on your phone cause you will always have a way back to stock.

Now the reason a nandroid will not work from GB to Froyo is that the kernal changed in the newest release of GB. If you tried to run that in Froyo it would do nothing but bootloop. There's more to it than that but that I believe is the main reason it won't work.

Last edited:
OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Geez... If it's a different kernel, will Droid X Overclock still work if I decide to install LGB? Lots of questions, I know. And I'm sorry. But I gotta get all my ducks in a row before I shoot, ya know?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Geez... If it's a different kernel, will Droid X Overclock still work if I decide to install LGB? Lots of questions, I know. And I'm sorry. But I gotta get all my ducks in a row before I shoot, ya know?

Well I can say that it does not work on my X. Now I am on regular .591 Gingerbread not Liberty (yet). It tells me that I have no overclock module on my phone. Milestone overclock still works though. But with as snappy as GB is, there really isn't a reason to oc it.

And don't worry about all the questions. Better to have the answers first then try it. Very good approach if you ask me.