How do you backup/restore sms texts and contact links?

modisch

Reaction score
I want to reinstall Liberty to clean things up but one thing that had always annoyed me about flashing a rom is losing my texts and the links on my contacts. I've learned to backup my contacts with gmail but that doesn't handle the linking with facebook contacts.

Does titanium backup do this? If so, how? And if not, what does?

Being able to backup and restore these things will dramatically speed up and simplify updating Liberty for me.

Thank you so much for any help.

Regards,

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

Virtue83

Reaction score
I don't know about backing up your Facebook links but i use an app called 'SMS Backup and Restore' to backup my texts. It's free on the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Fabyloso

Reaction score
I don't know about backing up your Facebook links but i use an app called 'SMS Backup and Restore' to backup my texts. It's free on the market.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Thanks! I have been needing a simple feature like this too. Got the app, seems perfectly simple enough. I'll give it a shot after a few weeks of sms accumulating.

Another backup I wanted was to backup my Angry Birds Rio. I have been getting tired of starting all over after each ROM. Using this SMS idea, I did a market search and found Angry Birds Rio Backup. Will give this a try after a few weeks and new ROM as well.

KiGood

Reaction score
I use Titanium Backup and it does all SMS messages, unfortunately it doesn't help with linking the Facebook contacts, and that only comes with syncing them through the Facebook app.

OP
modisch

modisch

Reaction score
I found titanium backup to be 87 kinds of awesome, taking care of all of my app data and sms.

I give it every thumb I can find up.

-m

{ DroidX «» Liberty 2.0.1 «» TapaTalk }

KiGood

Reaction score
Glad that worked out for you! I love it, gets my phone back up and running very quickly.