is there anyway to download videos taken from my fascinate to my desktop?

roo427

Reaction score
Is there anyway to dowload videos taken from my fascinate to my desktop? My husband is deployed and I've taken a few videos of our son and tried sending them from my phone to his email and it just keeps telling me the file is too large, so i wondered if I could download them to my computer, save them there, and then send through my email that way.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to dowload videos taken from my fascinate to my desktop? My husband is deployed and I've taken a few videos of our son and tried sending them from my phone to his email and it just keeps telling me the file is too large, so i wondered if I could download them to my computer, save them there, and then send through my email that way.

Sure. You just mount your Fascinate to the computer and open the media file where the video is at. Drag that on to your desktop.

Just out of curiosity, what email do you use? Because regardless of whether it comes from the phone or off the desktop I think you will get the same message.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also upload them to YouTube straight from the phone. You can set the videos to private if you don't want other people to see videos of your son.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

kinos

Reaction score
I'm actually having that same problem. I can't find the files when I mount my into my computer using my USB. I have a Samsung captivate so it might be a little different. If you can look at my question and take a look at the different replies I've received. There's a bunch of different ways that I haven't tried yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

OP
roo427

roo427

Reaction score
ok so i got the videos and the pictures to download, but it says that the videos can't be displayed. =( and i use my old hotmail account from high school lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok so i got the videos and the pictures to download, but it says that the videos can't be displayed. =( and i use my old hotmail account from high school lol

You'll need to convert the files on the videos to something like wmv. And it's probably hot mail kicking the the video files back to you.

I like the idea someone had about YouTube.

OP
roo427

roo427

Reaction score
ok, so i'm trying to do the youtube thing, and my phone says that it's waiting for wifi, and i have wifi in my house and it's connected, but do i need to change something on my phone so it will pick up the wifi, or will it do it automatically? sorry for all the questions, but i've never had a smart phone before lol

kinos

Reaction score
If you upload them to YouTube, can you save the video onto your computer from there? Or would it only be on YouTube? I'm trying to get the videos on to Facebook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using DroidForums App

centaurojz

Reaction score
:droideris: Is there any APP there for media transfer, all I have is the V CAST Media Trasnfer which is horrible, and ancient looking, I am pretty sure there must be something more advanced, anyone??