MMS issue?

TBV

Reaction score
Weird issue, wondering if others have/are experienced this as well.

I 1st noticed a few days ago that a picture message I was trying to send to my wife would not go through (we both have Fascinates) so I just shrugged it off and Bluetoothed it to her.

Then while at work, she sent a text asking if I received a pic message she had sent, and when I checked it the message was there, however it simply read 'Downloading' and has never finished.

Last night I had a customer come in who is experiencing the same thing...before doing a hard reset on any of our devices I wanted to check on other possibilities to solve the problem, so today I went in to 'Manage Applications' and cleared out the caches on downloaded apps on both devices, which was a suggestion I was given in the past my a techie regarding standard SMS not being received on another person's Fascinate.

After doing this I then sent and received picture messages to two different devices (*note: although the pics may prompt "too large, compressing"), they received them and I receive theirs, however when I try to send to my wife's, still no success.

Anyone got insight into this? TBV

M

Mwsr

Mine does that sometimes, it will just keep saying downloading spent lots of time on the phone with Verizon and couldn't get it fixed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

fordee11

Reaction score
I had this problem for a while.. the cause of mine was JuiceDefender turning 3g off and it would never download.
go to messages>options>settings>and uncheck auto-retrieve.
that was 3g will be turned on when you manually try to download it... that is if you have JuiceDefender or anything else that turns 3g off.

OP
TBV

TBV

Reaction score
I had this problem for a while.. the cause of mine was JuiceDefender turning 3g off and it would never download.
that was 3g will be turned on when you manually try to download it... that is if you have JuiceDefender or anything else that turns 3g off.

When I saw 'JuiceDefender' a light went off in my head, that very app is one of the ones on my client's phone that he raves about having improved his battery life...I will share that info with him...Thanks!!

As for the issue between my wife's Fascinate and mine, that has seemed to (for now at least) have been resolved with the clearing of the caches, as we are now able to send and receive from one another... TBV

fordee11

Reaction score

When I saw 'JuiceDefender' a light went off in my head, that very app is one of the ones on my client's phone that he raves about having improved his battery life...I will share that info with him...Thanks!!

As for the issue between my wife's Fascinate and mine, that has seemed to (for now at least) have been resolved with the clearing of the caches, as we are now able to send and receive from one another... TBV

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

glad i could help!

islandfever

Reaction score
Is there a trick to getting MMS to work on stock messenger.....I am not getting Vcards etc on 5.5

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

alwerner

Reaction score
How much free phone ram do you have? Do you have Compcache enabled? and have you tried to lock MMS into memory?

islandfever

Reaction score
Compcache is 26%
Messaging locked
Where do I fiind free mem? Cachemate?

What about the spoof phone option for MMS mine is default aqndroid

alwerner

Reaction score
For free internal storage:
<settings> <applications> <storage use>

I have about 56 megs.

Not sure about your other setting, I don't see it on my MMS.

islandfever

Reaction score
Its under prefs for stock mess as custom user agent

I have 83mb free

alwerner

Reaction score
Default Android is what I have...

I don't believe vcards are supported via MMS. Are you not getting the MMS or not getting the attachment? Do you get pictures via MMS?

Sixonefour

Reaction score
This is a stab in the dark but there is a "Fix MMS" in the tools. Not sure what it fixes but may help. Good luck.

RoyR80

Reaction score
This is a stab in the dark but there is a "Fix MMS" in the tools. Not sure what it fixes but may help. Good luck.
lol, good call. :p
But as a second shot in the dark, have you tried getting a 3rd party txt app, and see if they will accept the vcard? (ie:handcent)