Can't send video on my phone.

triechane

Reaction score
Okay! I hope I got this right that everyone can read/answer my Q!
I cannot send video I took from my Driod3 phone thru Email using my phone. It always say "UNABLE TO ATTACH MORE THAN 20MB PER MSG". My question is whats the limit for me to send it. I tried also saving it into my desktop It say error also and I have save some video but when i opened it on my desktop its all black but i can hear d sounds. What did I do wrong?
Oh and i read some here before and tried to do in the settings of my camera but cant find it. I tried to fix it myself first but gave up now so. Let me know thanks!:biggrin:

rvcjew

Reaction score
K first off its black on your desktop cause your using windows media player im assuming. Download VLC from videolan.org and play it with that. The reason it's not showing video is because its in. mp4 format. 2. You can not send huge attachments by email, you can send it with mms on your phone if u took the video in mms format and not HD. 3. Your video is probably at least 100MB im guessing. You can share it with something like mediafire though. Hope this answered your questions.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
triechane

triechane

Reaction score
K first off its black on your desktop cause your using windows media player im assuming. Download VLC from videolan.org and play it with that. The reason it's not showing video is because its in. mp4 format. 2. You can not send huge attachments by email, you can send it with mms on your phone if u took the video in mms format and not HD. 3. Your video is probably at least 100MB im guessing. You can share it with something like mediafire though. Hope this answered your questions.

How am I gonna do that? Ive taken videos but only 13 seconds I tried to send thru txt msg and it says I have resize to meet the limitation.. How long or how many second I can take to sent to everyone? How am I gonna do the mms format instead hd3? Looks like we got same phone.. Im not sure if its 100mb idk. But can u tell what would b d best and to solve this issue.. Thanks

rvcjew

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I also reread my earlier post and noticed it kinda came off as rude if that's the case my bad. To answer your question, open the camcorder app hit the bottom left, the thing will slide out choose the film icon and choose video message and you should be able to mms it, also if your not getting mms options right I recommend handcent for texting and such.

OP
triechane

triechane

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I also reread my earlier post and noticed it kinda came off as rude if that's the case my bad. To answer your question, open the camcorder app hit the bottom left, the thing will slide out choose the film icon and choose video message and you should be able to mms it, also if your not getting mms options right I recommend handcent for texting and such.

I went to camcorder and hit settings on left and I don't see mms but only the ff: wide screen, video resolution, storage location, geo tag, and shutter tone. Those are the ones shown there. I tried doing it by just goin to the video and hit share and u see choices like yahoo email, facebook, gmail, bluetooth, text msgs and so on. So I went ahead nd click txt msg and it'll appear this "do u want to resize the video to meet the limitation" then click ok and I only got 13 sec there that ridiculous. But can't. I tried using both ,y yahoo and gmail both won't work it say its too big so. I hope this help. Weren't u having problems on ur driod3 also? Tnx

rvcjew

Reaction score
Because that's the wrong option. Look at this screenshot of mine,its the fourth icon. My problem was different as I could not receive mms I could send it as I said though try handcent to send them but also the phone can not convert 1080p to mms at least not the stock software

Last edited:
OP
triechane

triechane

Reaction score
Mine shows settings, effects, scenes (like auto, sun, night mode) the icon is round with capital A.. 4th is modes (shows single shot, multishot & paranoma) different icon as urs. And then rest two there were the same. How did u put that pic here so that I can show u. Thougt we have same phone kind.

rvcjew

Reaction score
Our phone is same but my rom is not but our camera app is same, the reason your in those options, is because your in camera and not CAMCORDER click that icon instead it just links you to the video part of the app, you could also get there pushing the button on the bottom right and it will go to video mode.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Leave your settings on max resolution. 20mb is the Gmail max. Other services have a 10mb max. Download Dropbox.com app onto your phone. Once installed on your phone, create a folder for your video. Upload the video to your designated folder. I think the max single upload is near 200 or 300mb. When upload is complete, hover over your file in the dropbox app. Click to share -> Gmail. This gives you a shortened URL. Recipients do not need Dropbox. Recommend a warning that this link is worth 50mb or 200mb. This helps those on limited data plans. Limited data people can download later on wifi.

You can also create folders on Dropbox with a large picture inventory. Others can download all pics at once whenever. There are other cloud services. Dropbox is very easy to use.

OP
triechane

triechane

Reaction score
Our phone is same but my rom is not but our camera app is same, the reason your in those options, is because your in camera and not CAMCORDER click that icon instead it just links you to the video part of the app, you could also get there pushing the button on the bottom right and it will go to video mode.

duh! My bad. I went and check camera not d camcorder but now I see.. Thanks for this :)

OP
triechane

triechane

Reaction score
Leave your settings on max resolution. 20mb is the Gmail max. Other services have a 10mb max. Download Dropbox.com app onto your phone. Once installed on your phone, create a folder for your video. Upload the video to your designated folder. I think the max single upload is near 200 or 300mb. When upload is complete, hover over your file in the dropbox app. Click to share -> Gmail. This gives you a shortened URL. Recipients do not need Dropbox. Recommend a warning that this link is worth 50mb or 200mb. This helps those on limited data plans. Limited data people can download later on wifi.

You can also create folders on Dropbox with a large picture inventory. Others can download all pics at once whenever. There are other cloud services. Dropbox is very easy to use.

Do I really have to download that one? Whats gonna happen if u dont? I dont really use it alot but theres some I need.. Ill just go to browser and get it? Not in d market? Tnx