Is there a way to completely silence/or put the DROID on vibrate?

iwantadroid

Reaction score
I know you can silence the DROID by using the lock screen, but what about all those apps that have separate sound settings?

how would I be able to put the phone in complete silence or complete vibrate mode so that every notification I get vibrates/is on silent?

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

cc16177

Reaction score
Just use the volume rocker on the side and select silent? There are apps you can download if you just search for "volume" on the market that will allow you to adjust all the notification volumes.

hacku

Reaction score
You can also silence all sounds from the LOCK screen. Instead of sliding to the right to unlock, slide to the left to silence/unsilence... ;)

hyperlite456

Reaction score
beautiful widgets is an app that gives you the option of several widgets such as vibrate, silents, gps, clocks, and more. It's not free, but cheap and worth it.

mjs31

Reaction score
In other words...there are tons. Either via app or the above mentioned ways. They have ones that will automatically due it based on your calendars meetings, gps location, general time of day etc...

Lock screen right side swipe button will turn off all notifications except for the led light. It will also leave your alarm working in case you need it.

Moving the rocker down will start by turning the sound down, then towards the bottom it will put your phone in vibrate only and clicking down one more time from there will turn off all notifications exactly like the right hand swipe button on the lock screen.

tktouch12

Reaction score
in the settings though, it says that silencing your phone will keep the alarms and media on sound. i think if we silence on the lockscreen it should turn off all sounds (and maybe haptic feedback on the buttons, cuz those make sound if you needed to be completely silent for some reason)

mjs31

Reaction score
in the settings though, it says that silencing your phone will keep the alarms and media on sound. i think if we silence on the lockscreen it should turn off all sounds (and maybe haptic feedback on the buttons, cuz those make sound if you needed to be completely silent for some reason)

The alarm will still work from the lock screen. Not sure about media. You will not get any notifications except for the led light. I believe this is the exact same as moving the slider all the way down to the bottom. Now if you are requesting that the lock screen disable everything, I would vote against that. I do one quick swype to silence my notifications but I know my alarm will sound if needed.

c0Ld

Reaction score
I know for a fact that Pandora is NOT silenced via putting the phone on silent or sliding to the right in the lock screen.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I know for a fact that Pandora is NOT silenced via putting the phone on silent or sliding to the right in the lock screen.

As it should be. Silent should be for alerts and the ringer, not for media. Imagine how bad it would suck if you couldn't silence your phone and listen to music at the same time.

MontyMo

Reaction score
So what widget go you recommend for sound control?

Monty

tktouch12

Reaction score

Now if you are requesting that the lock screen disable everything, I would vote against that. I do one quick swype to silence my notifications but I know my alarm will sound if needed.

that is exactly what i would like THE OPTION OF. because, my phone is always on vibrate, but in the middle of class (high school and we cant have our phones) i will remember that i set a calendar alert like 2 hours before something after school, so it would go off in class. since i cant look down at my phone too long, if i could just swipe over and turn off ALL sounds problem solved until (then i could turn it back to vibrate during our passing period, and turn the calendar alarm off)
just saying maybe the option of what that would turn off would be nice