Droid Not Vibrating

Reaction score
If I place my Droid into silent mode either by holding the power key and selecting Silent Mode or by pressing power key and sliding to Silent mode it will not vibrate with incoming calls or text messages. I'm pretty sure that it used to vibrate when I did this, but can't totally remember. The only way I can silence the phone and still have vibrate is by using the rocker switch on the side. Running stock Droid, by the way. Thanks!

Demo24

Reaction score
No, silent mode turns that off. The only notification you will get is the blinking LED, or when the screen turns on. Set it to 'vibrate' if you want it to vibrate and not ring.

bbtkd

Reaction score
If I place my Droid into silent mode either by holding the power key and selecting Silent Mode or by pressing power key and sliding to Silent mode it will not vibrate with incoming calls or text messages. I'm pretty sure that it used to vibrate when I did this, but can't totally remember. The only way I can silence the phone and still have vibrate is by using the rocker switch on the side. Running stock Droid, by the way. Thanks!

Yeah, that's counter-intuitive. Past phones treated vibrate as silent and you could set it to always vibrate whether sound was on or off. I am somewhat deaf so I need the vibrate on all the time in case I don't hear the ringer. I downloaded the app Ring Toggle and that makes it easier for me to switch from vibrate to vibrate with ringer.