silencing the Droid

onemichael

Reaction score
Hi all :

at night we try to silence our Motorola Droid but even when on vibrate everytime it gets email it still chimes. The only way I have found so far is to set it in airplane mode. Turning it off does not work. ANy thoughts?

Thx.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use my volume bar and move it down to silent.

Mike

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I found an app named 'Timeriffic' on the market. You can control the sounds by time range. I have mine set to turn off all sound from 10:30pm until 7:30am every day except Sunday. I have a different time variation set for Sunday morning and one set for during the day during Sunday services to shut off the sound at 9:30am and turn back on at 12:45pm. Very nice application and very functional.

lam1064

Reaction score
My phone used to let me set it to silence w/ no vibrate or silent w/ vibrate but now I only have the option to silent w/vibrate or ringer onw/ vibrate. How come I cant set it on silent anymore?

slacker0503

Reaction score
My phone used to let me set it to silence w/ no vibrate or silent w/ vibrate but now I only have the option to silent w/vibrate or ringer onw/ vibrate. How come I cant set it on silent anymore?

It's probably the ROM you are using. At one point they didn't have a setting for silent. I recommend switching your ROM to CM6 or I know ShadowRom has this fixed as well. There are other ROMs that do this too I'm sure but those are the ones I can think of

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
at night we try to silence our Motorola Droid but even when on vibrate everytime it gets email it still chimes. The only way I have found so far is to set it in airplane mode. Turning it off does not work. ANy thoughts?
What happens when you turn it off? It shouldn't do anything when turned off. Are you turning it off and then plugging it in? It will turn back on if that's what you're doing.

I use Tasker to create a profile that silences the phone while in the multimedia dock at night to charge. It's not the easiest solution but there are plenty of apps out there to create profiles (such as silent).

OyVOid

Reaction score

I got an app called Beautiful Silence widget that solved my problem. I am able to get my volume to silent. Back the way it was before the last 2 updates. :)

Last edited: