Is there a Bluetooth earpiece that doesn't look stupid?

mitchb2

Reaction score
Those big chunky ones sticking out of someone's ear make them look like such db's.

Isn't there something smaller?

Guchi

Reaction score
Short answer... No
Wearing a Bluetooth while not talkin on telephone is an exercise in d-baggery

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
I like the one Sam Fisher has in the latest Splinter Cell. But it probably costs $10,000.

dwood

Reaction score
As someone else pointed out: NO. Everyone looks like a goober while wearing one.

I tried one [while driving a car so no one would see me] and the stupid thing flopped-around so much it was plum annoying. It was a $70 Motorola one too.

It worked well as far as the push buttons, audio quality etc. But because of the loose fit to my noggin . . . I had to cram it into my ear whenever I had a call just to be able to hear.

With the Droid . . . I use the speaker phone while in the car and it works great. If I get a call while wandering about . . . I discreetly go off to the side and deal with it. No goober here.

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
i got a Headset that rocks and is very slim i picked them up at best buy They were made bye Rocket fish and cost 45 Dollars and Ive loved them ever scene

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Just wait till they have ones they implant in your ear.. will sole the prob. Except everyone will look like their talking to themselves.. but I hate when some strangers talking on one and they like burst out "OH hi" while their looking right at you and you dont see the blue tooth headset right away and yer like wtf are you in yer head and reluctantly say hi then you notice the headset and feel like an ass.. kinda like the old when someones waving at you and you wave back then you realize their waving at someone behind you...

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
but I hate when some strangers talking on one and they like burst out "OH hi" while their looking right at you and you dont see the blue tooth headset right away and yer like wtf are you in yer head and reluctantly say hi then you notice the headset and feel like an ass..

Heh, yeah. I was taking some classes last year at the college. One of the guys in the class was my age (40's). So we're sitting outside the room before class and this group of hot young babes walks by and he says "Well, HELLO!"

Everyone, including the girls, thought this balding old guy was hitting on them, when in fact he had just called his wife on his Bluetooth. :)

FastKatt

Reaction score
Altec Lansing BackBeat 903 - headphones - Behind-the-neck, Binaural
I love this headset.
I use it everyday while I work out
STFVb_0hvDTqfAg3O8EuFiMa7S473FrWMhBu0O4qWO8n8vDju6W43LvHb4DxgTYBodNceyQiy9iwsUQ3m3vFRd1MmJYHp3k0luyXhKnhxAxQoGPq8E34bwuhwfJ7TUm0vdyGVgFVzObgjaf8OwMarPeAJ0tCX8rHBt3NxEcs_iouyojxmhNOJNL_8xlraewN0e1c

Droids

Reaction score
There was, but Jack Bauer used them all.
LOL, heh. Why is that only Jack avoids looking like a goober walking down the street talking. I want the smallest possible too, but I'll still be that retard talking to himself...

That's one thing I like about the larger headsets like the Moto s305, it's a little more obvious that you aren't a retard, plus the person on the other end of the line is much easier to hear when it's piped into both ears.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Isn't there something smaller?
Specify which ones you think are too large. I mean, if you think the smallest BT headset is "too large" then it's pointless to provide any suggestions. There's no telling what your idea of too large is.

I tried one [while driving a car so no one would see me] and the stupid thing flopped-around so much it was plum annoying. It was a $70 Motorola one too.
Fit is a very subjective matter. Price isn't going to guarantee fit or performance. I've had excellent cheap BT headsets and poor expensive BT headsets. Read the reviews, not the price tags. ;) Don't assume that a headset that fits a reviewer well will fit you well.

Last edited:
OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Specify which ones you think are too large

The rectangular blocky ones look ridiculous.

But, weird, right after I posted this last night we started watching the latest season of 24. The director of CTU (Bubba) is using the exact Plantronics model mentioned here. It looks pretty good.

I agree with whoever said the Stargate models look sweet. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The worst part about the headsets to be honest is when you are standing in line at the check out for something and you hit the counter and get a call. Now you're talking to someone other then the cashier who has absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

And then there is the looks you get from people when you're walking in a store talking and nobody around you. You get that "oh oh, stay away from that person" look.

But from a safety standpoint I use it and if I take it off and leave it in my car I forget to put it back on. FWIW I use the Blue Ant Q1, which does allow true hands free dialing on the Droid but only up to 8 contacts.