is the root stable yet

egobuster1

Reaction score
im debating on rooting my incredible but to do so i will need to borrow a comp as im a mac user so my question is

is it stable

are we able to get android 2.2

can we adjust cpu speed which could possibly save battery life

Lynx

Reaction score
im debating on rooting my incredible but to do so i will need to borrow a comp as im a mac user so my question is

is it stable

Root has always been stable

getting 2.2 ported to the Inc is a work in progress

You can install kernels to work with the cpu if you would like.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

is it stable

Just curious, I have no idea about rooting the Incredible but why do you need a Mac? With the Droid you almost have to use a PC.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

is it stable

Just curious, I have no idea about rooting the Incredible but why do you need a Mac? With the Droid you almost have to use a PC.

you dont. ive rooted on my ubunutu and windowz boxes. and as far as 2.2 CM6 nightly test builds are out now. benchmark and linpack scores blow the socks of the stock OS

givmedew

Reaction score
What are these people taking about? Rooting has nothing to do with stability and who ever said you need a mac. You can always do everything from pc I have a mac as my primary and almost always have to use my pc when roots first come out on phones. I can do the revoked with my mac but choose to root from my pc.

Rooting is simply gaining full access to the phone. It is like as if before rooting you are like a person in a company with basic access to a computer and with rooting you are IT with administrative permissions.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

pxtang

Reaction score
OP says that he has a mac, so he needs to borrow a windows pc to use.

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
i am in the same position i have a mac and need to borrow a friends windows computer to do root, and i also just happen to have a pny 2gb sd card :) pretty lucky huh. only problem is i gave it to a friend so i gotta get it back from him

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can root with a mac. pay attention people. the team that figured out to root did so while on a mac book.

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
you can root with a mac. pay attention people. the team that figured out to root did so while on a mac book.

you can do the unrevoked method on a mac but the "10 minute root" method by medjam doesnt work on a mac. and i think i heard somewhere that you need to already have root for unrevoked to work (but idk dont take my word on that)

criDikal

Reaction score

you can do the unrevoked method on a mac but the "10 minute root" method by medjam doesnt work on a mac. and i think i heard somewhere that you need to already have root for unrevoked to work (but idk dont take my word on that)
You can indeed root on a Mac; you'll see most instructions for rooting on a PC because it's easier to get the timing right because of Windows' plug & play chimes/watching the device manager.

OP
E

egobuster1

Reaction score
o well im rooted now and just used a friends windows 7 machine and followed the vid was easy as pie

harveyb

Reaction score
root successful - please

i have tried various ways to root and all have failed. i can not get access to do the adb. i have windows 7 64 bit and i tried the original sandisk 2gb and a pny 2gb as well. do i have to format them a special way or do something special that is not perfectly clear before hand on the phone or pc? do you need to have the HTC sync running or not, the setting on the phone to be for default to SYNC, or DRIVE or ASK? there must be something i have on the phone that is preventing me from being able to do this. any help would be appreciated, my main purpose for this phone was to be able to use as a hot spot and get rid of my mifi modem.

thanks
harvey

OP
E

egobuster1

Reaction score
curiousity what is unrevoked..should i run unrevoked after im rooted or is that for rooting..im confused what it does

jakemerrell

Reaction score
curiousity what is unrevoked..should i run unrevoked after im rooted or is that for rooting..im confused what it does

Once you are rooted you use the unrevoked tool. This will give you permanent adb access to your phone so you can install updates from your sd card and create backups. It makes it so you can install the roms like cyanagen with froyo.

jakemerrell

Reaction score
i have tried various ways to root and all have failed. i can not get access to do the adb. i have windows 7 64 bit and i tried the original sandisk 2gb and a pny 2gb as well. do i have to format them a special way or do something special that is not perfectly clear before hand on the phone or pc? do you need to have the HTC sync running or not, the setting on the phone to be for default to SYNC, or DRIVE or ASK? there must be something i have on the phone that is preventing me from being able to do this. any help would be appreciated, my main purpose for this phone was to be able to use as a hot spot and get rid of my mifi modem.

thanks
harvey

Check out the new tool that unrevoked has released it is a one button root method.