Battery life better are root or 2.2?

alitke

Reaction score
I have a droid 1 currently and with root I am averaging about 24 hours of battery life. I was offered a Droid Incredible in exchange of my Droid 1 as the person wanted a keyboard. My question is that I have seen a lot of posts where people do nothing but complain about the piss poor battery life of their Droid incredible.

Is this still true today when rooted or with 2.2? I would root the Incredible with SkyRaider or something but wondered if it would change the battery life or i would still be hitting zero by hour 8 or something.

thanks for helping as it is very important to me.

Hopefully this is not a numerous posting as I did not see anyone talking about battery life after root and the such.

openethan

Reaction score
The greatest jump in battery life I have succeeded so far on my Incredible, was to Menu/Settings/Account & Sync/Facebook and disable all Syncs completely. On average I take my phone off charge at 8AM and by 3PM it flashes the dead battery prompting me to charge. Today I unplugged at 8AM, and I used it normal to heavy use today and I watched it, it finally prompted me to charge it at 7:43PM tonight!! That is quite a jump by just disabling Facebook.

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
When disabling facebook what exactly does that do? Does this only disable the notifications? I have facebook installed on my phone but I rarely use it. Maybe check facebook once a week as I am not a huge fan of it in general.

Really like how the Incredible is smaller with no keyboard but I am getting crazy better battery life than any Incredible user it would seem and I am not to sure I want to get a phone that has worse battery life.

Example of last battery life I had

Last edited:

openethan

Reaction score
I am still currently testing this theory, but this is what I've gathered off my phone. Unsyncing all facebook activity on phone is the Live Feed (updates), and Contacts. I know facebook keeps the phone from sleeping umong other things it takes over, but I believe my facebook was constantly syncing. HTC will not allow me to uninstall it (unrooted), I've wanted to root this phone, but am more scared of my four year old getting her hands on it and changing a setting and messing the phone up for good. She plays games on it a lot. Anyhow, try unsyncing facebook and any other things you may not use on a regular basis (or extend the sync frequency) and see how your phone battery reacts. I hope it helps!

openethan

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
I am still currently testing this theory, but this is what I've gathered off my phone. Unsyncing all facebook activity on phone is the Live Feed (updates), and Contacts. I know facebook keeps the phone from sleeping umong other things it takes over, but I believe my facebook was constantly syncing. HTC will not allow me to uninstall it (unrooted), I've wanted to root this phone, but am more scared of my four year old getting her hands on it and changing a setting and messing the phone up for good. She plays games on it a lot. Anyhow, try unsyncing facebook and any other things you may not use on a regular basis (or extend the sync frequency) and see how your phone battery reacts. I hope it helps!

openethan

I do not have one yet just wondering if it would be a good idea to trade for one. You hear some people saying they are lucky to get 6 hours of battery life if they use the browser and texting. I currently use my Droid 1 all day and still have plenty of battery life. I simply do not want to trade my phone away to end up with a really nice phone but with really bad battery life.

Does anyone know if they fixed the "bump" charge thing. Do you still have to charge until green then power off and leave charging to get a full charge?

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about sure I use to have battery life issues but sense rooting and being able to control everything I've got great battery life!!! Currently I've got life up to x 1.77 of stock!!! Hellz yeah!!

46373_152510198108980_100000500013601_430550_2111463_n.jpg

~Srkx~
:greendroid:ROM: Sky Raider 2.5.2 Sense Froyo (2.2):greendroid:
:greendroid:Theme: BlueRaider Version 2 - Detox Mix!:greendroid:
:greendroid:King'sKernel#3 OC to 1.2 GHZ - ULowV:greendroid:
:greendroid: www.twitter.com - @SrkxMokwi:greendroid:

posttal

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about sure I use to have battery life issues but sense rooting and being able to control everything I've got great battery life!!! Currently I've got life up to x 1.77 of stock!!! Hellz yeah!!

Hey I see your close by..Parma hts here.
Did you get the OTA 2.2 and root it...or did you root 2.1 to 2.2 with the manual root.I have the OTA update and my battery life sucks .I have to turn off the 3G network to get thru the day and turn it on if I want to check my mail or log on to facebook.I was told to eliminate the apps pushed with the 2.2 update..but told you could only do that if your rooted..and that the Verizon OTA froyo 2.2 has no root yet..You seem to know more than I do..any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

OP
A

alitke

Reaction score
Im in Mentor, Ohio right by Cleveland and I do not have the 2.2 update yet.

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
To both Posttal & Alitke .... I rooted before the OTA up was even announced to the public. The good thing there is that i've been running Froyo 2.2 for over a month now, and as you can see i'm still running a Sense ROM and I've got great battery life. Granted I control a ton more than the stock 2.2 rom will let you but the point still remains it's possible. I have a bunch of Widgets, like facebook that run all day, 3G and Wifi as well. As far as finding a root of you, just give it some time.... i'm sure the guys at unrEVOked will come-up with something here soon!!! Sorry that your stuck with no way to change it "YET"!!

~Srkx~

Last edited:

posttal

Reaction score
Hey Srkx,
I appreciate the info.At least it confirms that for now there is no root to the OTA update.When you get notification that the OTA update is ready for you are you going to install it or deny it.I ask because I'm just curious if the new OTA 2.2 would totally over write your rooted version leaving you in the same boat I'm in..or just add to it and still be rooted ??

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
Hey Srkx,
I appreciate the info.At least it confirms that for now there is no root to the OTA update.When you get notification that the OTA update is ready for you are you going to install it or deny it.I ask because I'm just curious if the new OTA 2.2 would totally over write your rooted version leaving you in the same boat I'm in..or just add to it and still be rooted ??

I will not get the OTA update, when you root your phone you loose the ability to receive any OTA updates from Verizon. And if I we're to some how get the update I'm mostly sure it would take away my root access, therefor I wouldn't even do it if I did get it! There is no way I'm losing all the work I've done on my Dinc, b/c they would reset my Kernels, take away all my themes, and probably would take away my Swype keyboard.... F That!!! LOL

~Srkx~

Lost My Mind

Reaction score
This is officially the Cleveland topic! I'm in Cleveland just on the border of Lakewood! I have seen sooooo many incredibles around town......I wonder if I've run into any of you!