Rooting Method Question

alitke

Reaction score
Hey guys just traded my Droid 1 for an HTC incredible. I want to get my root on just like my Droid 1. I have a question though. I am at work so cannot do it right now and was looking for the guide to do it that is easiest here on my lunch break and came across this tutorial.

How-To: Root and Install Android 2.2 Froyo On the HTC Droid Incredible

My question is, is this the easiest and quickest way or safe for that matter? I do not have 2.2 installed currently and want to root tonight if possible. I do want skyraider as it seems the most popular.

On a side not ABSOLUTELY LOVE the phone. So nice having such a light and compact phone compared to the Droid 1. Very snappy too.

Thanks for any help. Just looking to get this thing rooted before I get the update OTA bugging me to download and install. Thanks.

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
You really have some chooses here.... you can go the way you have already looked into, or another option would be to do it the unrEVOked way.

That is the way i rooted my phone and it worked first try!! and even with unrevoked you have some choices unrevoked 3 will give you root with S-On while Unrevoked Forever will give you root with S-Off.

As far as the easiest way to root I would suggest just following the "10 min root video" it's the best way still i have seen to get root!!

~Srkx~
:greendroid:ROM: Sky Raider 2.5.2 Sense Froyo (2.2):greendroid:
:greendroid:Theme: BlueRaider Version 2 - Detox Mix!:greendroid:
:greendroid:King'sKernel#3 OC to 1.2 GHZ - ULowV:greendroid:
:greendroid: www.twitter.com - @SrkxMokwi:greendroid: