Is the Droid x fast?

Klaista2k

Reaction score
I was playing with it at the store the other day and it didn't feel as fast as it should for having a 1ghz processor.

So I'm just wondering is this phone fast for browing the web?

kameleongt

Reaction score
What are you comparing it to?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

foxky

Reaction score
store models are usually slow because of all the people messing with them. I have liberty 1.5 on my x and its unbelievably fast. you can also overclock to 1.45ghz at the most. blur slows everything down :p

tapped on my LibX 1.5

OP
K

Klaista2k

Reaction score
I currently have a Droid 1.

At the store I was comparing it to the incredible which felt like it was the fastest.

But I'm thinking about getting the X - do you guys think it's a good phone?

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd rather have the Dinc myself.
Edit* I won't get a device not supported by CM.

foxky

Reaction score
the dinc has an unlocked bootloader which allows for more modification but IMO once you get rid of blur on an x its great. the screen size is amazing and I've found that HTC batteries are kinda bad :/

tapped on my LibX 1.5

Technoman

Reaction score
The X is the better device regardless of the locked boot loader.
Better function, better battery performance, and better built.

Rocko

Reaction score
The store phones are nothing to use for comparision. Most have all widgets running and apps open. The last one I picked up was not updated and was boggy because it had every app/widget open on 8 pages.

OP
K

Klaista2k

Reaction score
the dinc has an unlocked bootloader which allows for more modification but IMO once you get rid of blur on an x its great. the screen size is amazing and I've found that HTC batteries are kinda bad :/

tapped on my LibX 1.5

Is it easy to get rid of Blur?

What kind of benefits do you get after doing so?

qman66

Reaction score

tapped on my LibX 1.5

Is it easy to get rid of Blur?

What kind of benefits do you get after doing so?
u have to root and install clockwork mod and bootstrapper and download a custom rom of ur choice. a bit tricky at first but u should get it after a while. for me almost double battery life, faster, and no freezes

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I agree with what these guys are saying but please please please be aware that the bootloader is locked meaning that u HAVE to know your safety nets before rooting otherwise we will be walking u through sbf or sbf zips. :)
Btw....it's nearly impossible to brick the dx so don't let that scare you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

leonozug

Reaction score
I took my friends X, put launcher pro on it, cranked up the speeds, then installed the Spare Parts app and set the animations to "Fast" and the thing was blazing. Stock too.

Another friend of mine has his X rooted, overclocked, and rommed, and let me tell you, it's BLAZING fast. I think the X has a lot of life left in it. Don't be fooled by the stock store model that everyone's grubby hands have been on. :)