Thinking about getting the Droid X ... from a T9'er

sliqx

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to upgrade my phone now and am debating whether I should get the X or not. I went to go play with it at the store today and not sure if it was b/c I'm not used to touch screen or what, but I was really, really slow at texting. I've been T9'ing for the past 4 years and am pretty fast at it -- faster than most people who have the keyboard. I guess quickness isn't very important as being comfortable with touch is more important. How fast/comfortable are you guys with texting w/ the droid X? Do you any of you guys swype? Is it possible to do T9 with the X? (Sorry, but I am lame -- I love T9!)

JCo352

Reaction score
Lol I use to swear by T9, until I got my first smartphone. What's sad is I know people that still use the Abc method. Oh, and welcome to the forums.

coondogg97

Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forums.

I wont lie, it took me a little while to get used to typing on a touchscreen. It was slow going at first, but you start to get used to it. Now I am pretty fast at typing on the touchscreen. And now if anyone gives me a flip phone to text with it takes me FOREVER!

Im sure you can find a T9 keyboard app around and there is a version of Swype that works with Android.