is the droid too big?

eliassami5

Reaction score
an ass pocket is no place for a phone..

Weight is fine, at times feels heavy and at times feels really light but i dont mind. The big surface area makes it hardly noticeable in your pocket, unlike my old Alias which weight close to nothing but its small form factor made it stick out in my pocket and it irritated me sometimes.

kevin1016

Reaction score
Depends on how you wear your pants. I suspect many "ass pockets" of the younger crowd are actually "lower thigh" pockets.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Keeping a robot in the back pocket , that must be so uncomfortable .

In my opinion it's too small , it would've been better with a 4.3" screen . My Blackberry feels bigger than the Droid . I always wear cargo pants and keep my stuff into side pockets so it doesn't bother me . Get some cargo pants .

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I guess it could feel awkward if you're not used to having something big in your pants...:)

lschicky

Reaction score
if he's 16, it's probably his first smartphone. Is the Droid bigger then a non-smart phone, without a doubt. Smartphone wise, not really, is the size worth it? Totally.

wovoka

Reaction score
I kept my prevous phone in my back pocket. It makes it easier to feel it when it vibrates.

Just got a Droid, just checking to see if sitting on a droid can make the parts become loose or worn.

The front pocket scares me. It puts radiation too close to the ol' gametes. I don't want to have any two headed kids.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use a holster, no problem with the pocket.

Darkseider

Reaction score
OK. Rule #1. NEVER, EVER, keep any phone in your back pocket. I don't care if it's a Droid or a flip phone. That is just not the place to put an electronic device, ever.

Droid101

Reaction score
Never put your droid in the back pocket there was an link to an article about a guy whose screen cracked because he put his droid in the back pocket. Also it is not any bigger than a regular smartphone on the market definitely worth it! (PS. The screen wasn't covered under warranty):)

slinky

Reaction score
The Droid is a great compact size, especially for what it is. I might even prefer it to be a tad larger for the PDA function. Some think it's larger than it is because of weight.

I find that the Droid is easy to put in a pocket, even with the challenges that guys like me, Tiger Woods and Jesse James seem to have in common... so there to those of you who think the Droid is too large. ;)