is the droid too big?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I switch from iPhone. The first day or so the Droid seemed bigger/heavier. Now, however, I don't give it a second thought.

Mike

sc4fpse

Reaction score
The size of the Droid is perfect. I was a tad concerned about this when I came over from the good old RAZR v3m. But my Droid still fits perfectly right in my front-left pocket with my wallet. No problems whatsoever. It doesn't feel like a flimsy piece of crap -- it feels like a robot.

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score
does it feel weird when you put it in your pants pocket because its kinda big??

edit///
well, im a 16 yr old guy in high school. i usually wear jeansand i keep my phone in my back pocket.

Lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground.

what....?

--------------------
back to topic: if anyone has an LG dare(i have it right now) how big and heavier is it compared to the droid?
im definetly getting this phone! phone im just wondering.

fgw

Reaction score
Droid size makes the screen perfect

I got the Droid because of its large screen. Had a Storm - this is only slightly larger, the weight is good, the phone is awesome. Didn't want a tiny screen - could have kept my old Razor if that's what I wanted. It's just a personal preference I guess. Fits in my pocket or backpack. Big enough to find, small enough to tuck away.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I love the size of the Droid for all the functions it does, but in my pocket it feels like I'm dragging around the original ten commandants that were carved in stone.

I'm not big either. I have to carry it in my back pocket also because I just can't make it work in the front pocket. I've recently started running Droid naked... It helps a little on space, but not all that much from the slim jacket.

That just sounds all freaking wrong. lol

nerdbox08

Reaction score
If you didnt know what this tread was about and just started reading the posts you might wonder what kind of forum this is. LOL
I love the size of my droid. I want to be able to feel the weight of my phone and I think the screen size is just right. Any smaller and surfing the net would be a pain.
I dont know about putting it in my back pocket though because knowing my luck I would forget and sit down and crack the screen or mess something up on it.

I sit on it all the time and I've yet to do any damage. KNOCK ON WOOD. lol

This thread keeps getting better and better.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

edit///
well, im a 16 yr old guy in high school. i usually wear jeansand i keep my phone in my back pocket.

Lookin like a fool with your pants on the ground.

what....?

THIS: [video=youtube;cDgDTEy6yfc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDgDTEy6yfc]YouTube - Pants on the Ground- Larry Platt (with Lyrics!!!)[/video]

bpad10

Reaction score
it prefect....got my wife one on Monday and this is her only complaint......"its too big". Boy, if I had a dime for every time she's .........awe never mind

Who am I kidding.:icon_eek:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I’ve avoided this thread for three hours, but have been thoroughly entertained.
Let’s see…
does it feel weird
Guess that depends on the size
…feels tiny compared to…
by to big do you mean perfect?

I keep mine, naked, in my front left pocket. I dress left.
Nah...personal preference I would say. I think it's okay.

Feels about right to me. I wouldn't want it any smaller.

fits well in my pocket and is never uncomfortable.

seemed bigger/heavier. Now, however, I don't give it a second thought.

No problems whatsoever. It doesn't feel like a flimsy piece of crap -- it feels like a robot.

Big enough to find, small enough to tuck away.

I'm not big either. I have to carry it in my back pocket also because I just can't make it work in the front pocket.
I sit on it all the time and I've yet to do any damage. KNOCK ON WOOD. Lol
it prefect....got my wife one on Monday and this is her only complaint......"its too big". Boy, if I had a dime for every time she's .........
:rofl3:

iPirate

Reaction score
Without a hard case it feels kind of small. With a case it feels good size and fits in all the pockets I have tried, suit, jackets of every kind and pants of every kind.:icon_ banana:

Milindroid

Reaction score
why would you put your cell phone in your ass pocket so you can sit on it?

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score

actually, i hate putting phones in my pants pocket because i hate how it feels. If im wearing a sweater or a jacket, then id just put it there. but if im not sitting, i like to put my phone in my ass pocket. but most of the time when im at school, i just put my phone in my backpack, the compartment where you can put your phone. lol?

nerdbox08

Reaction score

actually, i hate putting phones in my pants pocket because i hate how it feels. If im wearing a sweater or a jacket, then id just put it there. but if im not sitting, i like to put my phone in my ass pocket. but most of the time when im at school, i just put my phone in my backpack, the compartment where you can put your phone. lol?

It must be the fact we aren't bigger guys, it goes very well in my ass pocket too. And I've NEVER had a problem, like I said before and I got mine a week after release?

Grey Hawk

Reaction score

edit///
No.. I put it in my jeans pocket. Perfect size. Why are you putting it in your back pocket though, you like sitting on your phones? Or do you like having to take it out every time you sit down? Seems like a big pain.