Is it safe to delete my mtptemp.obb?

xStar

Reaction score
Today I was copying the the .obb for vice city to my galaxy s4 and I got an error on my pc (cant remember what I got) and suddenly the files that I copied dissappeared and I think it's the mtptemp.obb because it's 1.38gb. I was transfering the file to Storage/android/obb..

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the files? I have the galaxy s4 international version.

BDBEN

Reaction score
Today I was copying the the .obb for vice city to my galaxy s4 and I got an error on my pc (cant remember what I got) and suddenly the files that I copied dissappeared and I think it's the mtptemp.obb because it's 1.38gb. I was transfering the file to Storage/android/obb..

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the files? I have the galaxy s4 international version.

It is safe to delete it. I am having the exact same problem as you and have tried installing vice city many times. whenever I copy the com.rockstargames.gtavc into the obb folder, it gives me an error saying it can't be copied and it moves it into the root folder and renames it mtptemp.obb. How do we fix this?

eugenerudenko

Reaction score
It is safe to delete it. I am having the exact same problem as you and have tried installing vice city many times. whenever I copy the com.rockstargames.gtavc into the obb folder, it gives me an error saying it can't be copied and it moves it into the root folder and renames it mtptemp.obb. How do we fix this?
sounds like it doesn't rename it - the same mtptemp.obb file

Mustbaj

Reaction score
Here's what I did

sounds like it doesn't rename it - the same mtptemp.obb file

So I couldn't copy the folder with the data either. So I copied it to the "android" folder instead of the obb folder from my pc then used root browser from my phone and moved the folder with the data to the obb folder manually instead of using my pc. Let me know if that worked. I created an account just for this lol

Z2K1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S3 I9305
Here's what I did

So I couldn't copy the folder with the data either. So I copied it to the "android" folder instead of the obb folder from my pc then used root browser from my phone and moved the folder with the data to the obb folder manually instead of using my pc. Let me know if that worked. I created an account just for this lol
i know this is late but really thank you so much i was going nuts over this problem on my S3 and your method actually works