Need the data off of broken Turbo Without USB debugging on

AgentNH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
I recently broke the mirror inside the phone, but the phone still charges, turns on and shows "part" of the display.

The touch screen doesn't work, along with the fact USB debugging was turned off due to me being forgetful.

I would like to access the internal storage (specifically the /obb files) to copy them to a computer so I can add them to my next phone.

Warranty is active and I would not like to void it with four months left to pay it off (Verizon Edge).

Any help is appreciated,
Thank you!

P.S. (Not too happy with the turbo, I'm glad to get rid of it in a few months)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry there's been no replies..but I think that's because we don't know how to help you..could the data be on the Verizon cloud ?? Other than that. I'm at a loss...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I recently broke the mirror inside the phone, but the phone still charges, turns on and shows "part" of the display.

The touch screen doesn't work, along with the fact USB debugging was turned off due to me being forgetful.

I would like to access the internal storage (specifically the /obb files) to copy them to a computer so I can add them to my next phone.

Warranty is active and I would not like to void it with four months left to pay it off (Verizon Edge).

Any help is appreciated,
Thank you!

P.S. (Not too happy with the turbo, I'm glad to get rid of it in a few months)
If you have access to a MAC, you can install Android File Transfer and get access to your phone without USB Debugging turned on.

Actually, I didn't think it was possible. I turned USB Debugging off and plugged my phone into my Mac and the complete file system was displayed.

OP
A

AgentNH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
Sorry there's been no replies..but I think that's because we don't know how to help you..could the data be on the Verizon cloud ?? Other than that. I'm at a loss...
No I didn't save anything to the cloud for 2 reasons,
1. we had limited space and it was backing up stuff and I didn't even know, so I just disabled it.
2. I don't think you can upload such files like the .obb and .zip files, but that's a assumption.

OP
A

AgentNH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
If you have access to a MAC, you can install Android File Transfer and get access to your phone without USB Debugging turned on.

Actually, I didn't think it was possible. I turned USB Debugging off and plugged my phone into my Mac and the complete file system was displayed.
Ok, thanks, that I shall try!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
No I didn't save anything to the cloud for 2 reasons,
1. we had limited space and it was backing up stuff and I didn't even know, so I just disabled it.
2. I don't think you can upload such files like the .obb and .zip files, but that's a assumption.
You can send those files to all the cloud backup services I know. If you can see it in file explorer you can back it up. Google Photo will back up so many photos it would be nearly impossible to run out of room. Same thing for Google Music

OP
A

AgentNH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
You can send those files to all the cloud backup services I know. If you can see it in file explorer you can back it up. Google Photo will back up so many photos it would be nearly impossible to run out of room. Same thing for Google Music
I didn't use Google photos, i guess i should of, haha.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Don't you have to be able to unlock it for a computer to see it?