?Dropbox Error - Storage Full or Unavailable

nateccnn

Reaction score
When I try to open a spreadsheet located in one of my dropbox folders I get an error saying that the Storage is Full or Unavailable. I tried finding a setting for where Dropbox stores files so I could change it to SD card but can't find that setting. This is the first time I've received this type of error...all my previous phones have had dropbox and I've been using this particular file for about 3 years now. So I have to assume this error is specific to the Galaxy S4 setup. My last phone, Galaxy Nexus, had no SD Card...just internal storage of 32 GB. The Thunderbolt before that had the SD card so was a similar setup to the S4...as a matter of fact, I am using the same SD card I used in the Thunderbolt...formatted it of course before slipping it into the S4. Any help solving this error so I can download the file and view it would be appreciated.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Nope. I've never plugged my S4 into USB. No real reason I can see to do that.

reybie

Reaction score
The reason I asked is when plugged in the SD Card sometimes gets mounted for mass storage mode making it unavailable to the phone. Do you have any other app that is trying to seize control of the storage by any chance, that's the only thing I can think of.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've been using DropBox on my S4 without a problem. See if you can "browse" your account on the Internet.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
I use my Dropbox folders on seven different devices. No problems on any except the S4. I can browse it in the browser or in the windows explorer folder on both my laptops just fine. They both keep a synced copy available for off-line viewing...so this is completely different than the S4 does, since it has to download a new copy each time I update the file...it can't keep a terabyte of files on the device (my dropbox holds a terabyte of data right now). The Dropbox on my ASUS Tablet works fine. Since it is Android it would be identical setup to the S4.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Facepalm

Never mind. I had cleared my cache earlier and still no bueno. But I just rebooted my S4 and now mucho bueno.

My Spanish bites...I know.

Nate

reybie

Reaction score
Strange, but good news for you! Reboot fixes a lot of stuff LOL.