Is it better to get another droid?

max4334

Reaction score
Or wait and pay full price for a droid x?

My Droid fell in water. I was told since I'm still under warranty, that I can get another one, but I really am liking how the droid x is looking.

Now, I don't want to have to pay for it, but it looks so damn good. Speed on my droid wasnt that good, though I hear froyo makes it much faster.

thelion

Reaction score
I have the chance to upgrade to X given my *issues* with Droid in the past...I am seriously considering it.

eliassami5

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay full price for the X...dont get me wrong tho, its a beast of a phone and i would like to get my hands on it but there are gonna be better phones out in another 2-3 months so just get another DROID for now and upgrade to something else later.

xliderider

Reaction score
Warranty doesn't cover water damage, that would be covered by insurance. And then you would have to pay the deductible.

So if you can get another Droid free, even though it is water damaged, you are lucky.

OP
M

max4334

Reaction score
Warranty doesn't cover water damage, that would be covered by insurance. And then you would have to pay the deductible.

So if you can get another Droid free, even though it is water damaged, you are lucky.

what I meant. :)

J

Johnly

stock droid is not equal to rooted droid by any-means. You need to do what feels right to you. My opinion is my perspective and may not work. The droid X is going to get hacked and be hot. If it has a 540 GPU, jump! If it has the older 530 GPU, maybe roll until the pro gets in?

OP
M

max4334

Reaction score
stock droid is not equal to rooted droid by any-means. You need to do what feels right to you. My opinion is my perspective and may not work. The droid X is going to get hacked and be hot. If it has a 540 GPU, jump! If it has the older 530 GPU, maybe roll until the pro gets in?

well who knows when that's gonna be, and I basically need this thing before school starts

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Better is always subjective. Qualify what you mean, tell us what you're looking for -- what matters and what doesn't -- and we might be able to actually help.

Have you at least compared the features and specs?

sic0048

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand the question! You can get a "free" Droid, or you can pay full price for the Droid X?

The way you wrote that, it sounds like you are going to pay full price on the Droid X whether or not you replace the Droid. So the only question is if you take the "free" Droid (which is really about $90 - whatever your deductable is) or not. Who in their right mind would not buy a new (or even refurbished) Droid for $90.

Get it and sell it if you want. But don't pass up the replacement offer!

OP
M

max4334

Reaction score
Better is always subjective. Qualify what you mean, tell us what you're looking for -- what matters and what doesn't -- and we might be able to actually help.

Have you at least compared the features and specs?

Right right, im sorry. I posted all this last night, tired and disoriented from 4th of July partying.

I'm 16. Basically the main need is some form of communication between my mother and i if I go out. So it probably would be very advantageous to just get another droid. I've basically been using my mothers Eris for most of the summer since my droid broke.

I am liking the nice large screen of the x, as it would give me something to brag about to my apple using friends (in fact the whole phone would now that I think about it). The droid I had seemed very sluggish at times, and since I am a very impatient person by nature, the speed the x offers could make me very happy. I also get very crappy reception where I live, so the dual anteni design could help me as well.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I personally say wait for next year for 4G phones. I have had my droid for 1 year and the Droid X isn't that much of an upgrade from my rooted and 1.2Ghz oc'ed Droid. It also looks extremely big and I still need a phone for a phone. Samsung is coming out with a 2Ghz phone at the start of next year that is rumored to have 4G capabilities. Same for Motorola. I'd definitely wait till next year - that's what I'm doing. Droid II and Droid X just aren't that much of an upgrade from a rooted Droid I imo.