Droid X or Samsung Fascinate??

xliderider

Reaction score
I've had the Fascinate for 2.5 weeks before exchanging it for an X. My wife still has her Fascinate. If you use the gps a lot, get the X. If you use the phone in noisy environments, get the X. If the external LED notifier is important, get the X.

If an almost perfect form factor is important (weight, feel, size), get the Fascinate. Other than that, it's a real toss up between the two. As mentioned, the Fascinate doesn't have a locked bootloader, but you will have to look to the development community for your upgrades because, so far, Samsung has been pretty slow and poor when it comes to updates.

DownRiver_Droid

Reaction score
I have had no major gps issues since applying the DL09 radio. As far as custom roms, yeah X has more right now. Motoblur has been around longer. Blackhole is a sweet rom though for fascinate.

OP
G

gujupmp88

Reaction score
thank you for your input everyone, i think im going to go with the fascinate because after holding the x, i think its waay to big. i use gps a lot, but after the dl09 update, i have read that the gps is insanely better. i dont really care too much about the notification light either. again, thank you for your input.

justinc101011

Reaction score
Good choice make sure to grab a bln kernel. :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

dickdow

Reaction score
thank you for your input everyone, i think im going to go with the fascinate because after holding the x, i think it's way too big. I use gps a lot, but after the dl09 update, i have read that the gps is insanely better. i dont really care too much about the notification light either. again, thank you for your input.

GL...I was in the same situation about a month ago and I initially went with the Fascinate. I loved the screen, and the size and weight (at first). However after about a week I noticed how terrible the call quality was. Seriously, it was like I was back in 1999 or something. Also, I started to hate how light it was, it felt really "plasticy" and cheap. I thought if I ever dropped it it would explode. I took it back and go the X. Man am I glad I did. The call quality on this thing is second to none. Also, after getting used to the screen size, I love it. Very happy with the X.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I went from the OG Droid to the Fascinate. I wanted to try something outside of Motorola.

IF IF IF you don't mind rooting, then the Fascinate is even. Once it gets 2.2, IMO it will be better than the DROID X. Some don't like the Plastic, but with my case, it is not a factor. The battery life is better than the OG Droid. When you compare it to the OG Droid and not the X, it will blow it away. You will be happy with either.

At this point in time, I would not waste an update on either. I bought mine of eBay--off contract. If you can do the same, and get a good price, its well worth it.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
thank you for your input everyone, i think im going to go with the fascinate because after holding the x, i think it's way too big. I use gps a lot, but after the dl09 update, i have read that the gps is insanely better. i dont really care too much about the notification light either. again, thank you for your input.

GL...I was in the same situation about a month ago and I initially went with the Fascinate. I loved the screen, and the size and weight (at first). However after about a week I noticed how terrible the call quality was. Seriously, it was like I was back in 1999 or something. Also, I started to hate how light it was, it felt really "plasticy" and cheap. I thought if I ever dropped it it would explode. I took it back and go the X. Man am I glad I did. The call quality on this thing is second to none. Also, after getting used to the screen size, I love it. Very happy with the X.

If there's one thing Motorola definitely focuses on its call quality, they know these things a phones first.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

imp3r10

Reaction score
i too am between these two phones

the fascinate has smaller Mpixel camera and less ram 384<512(X)

anyone notice a difference in the lack of ram