How I'm getting the X

peperonikiller

Reaction score
Well, since i didnt get paid till friday, I knew i probably wasnt going to get an X the first week. So I just went ahead and bought the original MotoDroid. Now my plan is to just swap out the Droid for the X when they get restocked and pay the $30 restock fee.. that way I get familiar with Droid and how to root/custom rom and all that before I actually get a Droid x.. that way if the time ever comes that someone figures out how to get past the X's encryption I know whats going on. I just hope the next batch of droids dont go so fast :/

OP
P

peperonikiller

Reaction score
Im pretty confident it will get root. But custom roms i doubt.. however I dont want to start another thread about this, I was merely discussing my way of getting the X. I'm curious if anyone else is trying to get one this way?

brock

Reaction score
why not just wait a week and save 30 bucks? pretty dumb imo

OP
P

peperonikiller

Reaction score
why not just wait a week and save 30 bucks? pretty dumb imo

cuz its only $30... and I could care less about that amount. Also like I said, it gives me time to familiarize myself with the OS

MrC1122

Reaction score
Well, since i didnt get paid till friday, I knew i probably wasnt going to get an X the first week. So I just went ahead and bought the original MotoDroid. Now my plan is to just swap out the Droid for the X when they get restocked and pay the $30 restock fee.. that way I get familiar with Droid and how to root/custom rom and all that before I actually get a Droid x.. that way if the time ever comes that someone figures out how to get past the X's encryption I know whats going on. I just hope the next batch of droids dont go so fast :/

you know you only get 30 days to exchange right? what are you gonna do if it takes more than 30 days for them to restock?...you'll be stuck with the droid, which is actually a great device, but not an X.

OP
P

peperonikiller

Reaction score

you know you only get 30 days to exchange right? what are you gonna do if it takes more than 30 days for them to restock?...you'll be stuck with the droid, which is actually a great device, but not an X.

Then I'll just be stuck with the droid for only a year, which isnt bad since I really like the slide out keyboard.. and custom roms which i installed about 3 hours after i got the thing lol

cromo8

Reaction score
its a good idea, but i would have waited, like amazon has it in stock so u could have bought it from there and just wait a few days to ship

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would'a waited, but hey there were many times in my life I couldn't wait and just went for what I wanted... Whatever works. I played with the X at my store today. It was fast and slick. Nice huge screen too! I can't give up on my Droid1 though, I love my qwerty and being rooted. If I had to stop theming, I wouldn't know what to do!

texasPI

Reaction score
Or you can avoid the $30 restocking fee by returning the Droid and waiting 3 days and then you you can buy the X. This is stated somewhere on the VZW website somewhere...

EDIT: I should of said exchange fee instead of restocking fee which it is not.