Is anyone NOT having battery trouble?

clborden

Reaction score
I am loving my droid 2 and I just switched from a Evo. My battery is not even 50 percent gone yet and I've heavily used it for 6 hours. My Evo would die within a matter of 3 hours with light usage...

I was actually thinking of switching to the EVO. Why did you switch from it? I know you said you had a real issue with the battery, but was that it? Between the serious discount every month with the bill and the bugs I encountered with this D2, I was seriously considering switching to the EVO before my 30 days is up.

dlukiw

Reaction score
Yep, been having the same issue. Since I've had the phone on Thursday, I've had to charge it 2 times a day it seems. I upgraded from an LG Chocolate 3 because I wanted a new smart phone. Never had this issue with the chocolate 3, with heavy use I was able to charge it every 3 days. I'm not expecting that with a smart phone but every day and a half would be nice instead of twice a day. Of course, I was very very reluctant because I have had nothing but bad luck with Motorola phones in the past holding their charge... this one seems no different.

Just last night, I had given it a full charge to 100% (and maybe left it charging a couple more hours after that) after it drained battery completely. I went to sleep, didn't use the phone at all and whatta ya know... in 8 hours, it drained down to 30%.

Looking at this, I have my GPS off... my WiFi is also off because it continues to search for signal in spots that don't have wifi, so I imagine this kills the battery, the screen brightness is off auto and turned down (I would say to 15% or so), I have no live wallpaper being used just a normal one and the Facebook app was updated, due to a bug I read about on here and all this stuff still happened.

After doing all this, I had come down to two more possible culprits. I have a widget that was giving me live score updates for my favorite teams from ESPN. Not sure if this was causing a problem, but my friend uses it for his Droid X and has no issues (His gf also got the Droid 2 and she is having no battery issues).

I also found, under Data Delivery, an option that says "Background Data" and when I chose that, it popped up saying that shutting it off extends battery life and lowers data use and that some applications may still use the background data connection. So, I am shutting this off to see if this makes any improvements and will let the phone die out, again, and will give it a full charge and see what happens and will report back here later :)

bruisecrew7

Reaction score
I'm getting a fulls day worth out of my battery. I even tried last night to see how low I can get it, and I got it down to 20% before I decided to charge it before I went out last night.
I disabled the facebook update automatically, I turned off useless widgets that I will never use. Thats all I really did in terms of the settings, and I get a full day, 12 hrs, from it.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
the phone hasn't been out long enough to condition the battery for normal use. My X had terrible battery life for the first 4-5 days of use.

LT*

Reaction score
My wifes has no issues at all. After 13 hours of uptime with moderate use, she was at 40% before I plugged it in.

Wcdubya

Reaction score
I got my Droid 2 on launch day. My first Droid and first Android based phone. I had already heard nightmares about battery life on the X, Incredible & original Droid. Now with thurs, fri and sat under my belt, i have discovered...holy schnikes battery life is horrid! down to 30% after 4-5 hours & 5% after 6-8. Im downloading apps and using the browser quite abit so we will see after the "new" wears off. BUT MAN...I love this phone!dancedroid

dlukiw

Reaction score
Just a quick update... shut off some automatic updates from facebook apps (if I need to see it, I'll refresh it on my own) and also changed something with the battery manager under battery mode and set it to Maximum battery saver... I'm down to 15% left at the moment after I've been using it extensively with texting the past 45 minutes (It barely went down after all this)

Wcdubya

Reaction score
I saw that under battery saver mode, but was reluctant to try it. Mine is on Nightsave mode by default. Im gonna try that setting and see how that does. Thanks for the tip.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

evilsock

Reaction score
My battery seems fine, and I use my droid quite a bit. I think it may go a little quick but I think the indicator may just be more accurate. Let me explain, most phones will hang at say 60% for a while and then jump really quick to 20%. Try using ur droid from full charge till it dies and see how long it takes.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dpstrand

Reaction score
This is my first smartphone, my battery life is pretty much as expected so far. By the end of the day it is around 20-30% remaining. So far I have been leaving everything enabled (bluetooth, wifi, 3g, gps).

HuJass

Reaction score
I charged my Droid 2 completely this past Friday. It ran out of juice tonight.
So is two days good or bad? I would characterize my use as moderate.

I turn off Wi-Fi, bluetooth, GPS, and the airplane thing (don't know what that is, anyways).
No widgets running on the other home screens either.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I charged my Droid 2 completely this past Friday. It ran out of juice tonight.
So is two days good or bad? I would characterize my use as moderate.

I turn off Wi-Fi, bluetooth, GPS, and the airplane thing (don't know what that is, anyways).
No widgets running on the other home screens either.

Um, yeah, that's phenomenal battery life. The airplane thing is for airplane mode, I think...shuts off all radio transmissions for when you're on an airplane.

Now on my Droid 1, I could leave wifi, gps, etc. on all the time and the phone was smart enough to only use things as necessary. The droid X has a bug so it's not smart enough. I wonder about the Droid 2.

eternalXTC

Reaction score
I am loving my droid 2 and I just switched from a Evo. My battery is not even 50 percent gone yet and I've heavily used it for 6 hours. My Evo would die within a matter of 3 hours with light usage...

I was actually thinking of switching to the EVO. Why did you switch from it? I know you said you had a real issue with the battery, but was that it? Between the serious discount every month with the bill and the bugs I encountered with this D2, I was seriously considering switching to the EVO before my 30 days is up.

Take this for what its worth because everyone has their own opinions....I will give you the pros and cons of my Evo that I owned for 2 months some things may have changed now but this was my experience....

Pros:
Large screen
Cheap plan
Kickstand
Hdmi (even though it was never used)
Good video recording

Cons:
No physical keyboard
No swype at least when I used it they didn't have it and swype is a godsend
Laggy as all hell
Htc sense wasn't as great as it seemed
I do not like the dialer interface at all its laggy and takes a few seconds to hang up on people if you misdialed
Sprint custoner service...ick I cannot understand the people they connect me to!
Htc Evo 10$ 4G charge when I'm not even able to get 4G
The size, I first thought yay! Huge screen. Was I wrong! Being a girl that thing is not pocketable in my tight jeans...

I love my droid, well, I love my droid so far...for me the HTC Evo was okay. It had a lot of redeeming qualities but I could never get past that no physical keyboard. I could have with swype but I couldn't even get an official verison of it without it saying my trial was up. Also a front facing camera is awesome! Sadly, I used it once and it was the first day and that was it. I felt the phone was more for show then use. Also, I was always in roaming where I work (hospital) which doesn't help when I'm a avid phone user...the phones are both great in their own right. But my choice is the droid plain and simple, better battery life, cleaner UI, snappier processor IMO and do I have to say it again a PHYSICAL KEYBOARD. I'm typing this all on my droid, I wouldn't have even tried on my EVO...so there is my 2 cents.... :p

devatron

Reaction score
removed the FACEBOOK app and switched to using the browser for facebook instead and it atleast tripled my battery. Something with the facebook app on froyo stops phone from really sleeping when the screen is off.