Battery Meter Question

Wboyt92

Reaction score
This is more of a personal pet peeve rather than a major problem, but I was wondering if anyone else experiences this same scenario. After unplugging my Droid 2 in the morning, the meter will be full but about an hour later will seem to have already lost 10% without any use. This did not happen on my D1. Then throughout the day this same battery loss does not occur as usually at night I am still left with about 50-60% with use.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. My guess is it's just an ism of how the battery is measured and reported.

Personally, I'd rather have 95% and be reported as 90%, than have 91% and have it reported as 100%. Maybe a dev can provide better insight.

OP
W

Wboyt92

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just weird that it would lose 10% in the first hour but then only 40% in the next 12.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. My guess is it's just an ism of how the battery is measured and reported.

Personally, I'd rather have 95% and be reported as 90%, than have 91% and have it reported as 100%. Maybe a dev can provide better insight.

Nail on head

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its not losing 10%, its probably losing in the neighborhood of 5% ish but because it is reported in 10% incriments it looks like 10%

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I saw this thread and didn't want to create a new one but I have a quick question. How can you change the battery meter on the status bar?

Sent from my D2

Reaction score
You can't change it as far as im aware. it has to stay there. You can however get a free battery meter from the market, you'll just have two battery meters on your notification bar. I bought one that shows me the percentage number within the battery icon. Its far more useful than the default battery icon.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can change your battery meter with a theme or just by using metamorph.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I got to be rooted to use custom themes and do I have to be rooted to use metamorph?

Sent from my D2

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like imma have to start reading up on the root process but thank you for the quick response and the help spazz

Sent from my D2